FEATURE: Read again Chapter

The issue with implementing the current portal rewind button is that it doesn’t erase gains. It could create quite a mess of random points and gains and break stories. (Authors frequently have to ‘reset progress’ and/or use the ‘picker’ option to test effectively.)

I imagine the code to erase what was gained in just a few lines could be pretty complicated.

…For the record, though, I would love that myself. If they could find a way to implement it well. I’ve hit my thumb down too quickly more than once.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! This happens to me almost everyday.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. Actually I’m new here. So I don’t know almost anything lol.

1 Like

Although I understand this, I also think it could cause huge problems, like, if authors use code to remember previous choices, like outfits or things that change the outcome of the story it may get messed up and end in us all getting understandably annoyed at episode or the author for something that authors can’t fix. If your like me, when reading a story, you want your choices to matter! Anyway, if episode can find away to stop these problems from occurring, then I would love to see this feature!

Sorry for the long comment :smirk:

3 Likes

I agree, it’s hard enough trying to write a story with gains :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah totally agree.

Hello. I love that idea! Support!!!

PS - change your title into FEATURE - OPTION TO REPLAY EACH CHAPTER .

So. The thread won’t be closed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for telling me.:purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

:heart: :heart: :blush::wink:

1 Like

Yeah I play choices as well as episodes and I really miss the ability to redo a chapter especially if I’ve simply misclicked an option. Also being able to delete replays is a must as well.

2 Likes

I love this idea because there are specific scenes in specific chapters in specific stories that I really regret not recording for my own satisfaction (cough cough any romantic interaction with Jude in The Girl Upstairs). I wish I could go back and record those moments to drool over!

3 Likes

bump

1 Like

Please give like to first post if agreeing with suggestion :heart:

Support!

1 Like

bump/support

1 Like

SUPPORT!!!

I just read ALWAYS, a great story that I accumulated plenty of points for my guy. I got to the end, and for some reason my guy chose “NO” not to come be with me? (Trying not to spoil things here.) I got the ending I didn’t desire.

Then the author said, “f you chose “NO” then blah blah…” And I’m just like…WHAT? I didn’t CHOSE anything? I think either the app glitched or I was tapping the screen and it froze so I tapped it again and chose NO before knowing there’d be a choice. Now I have to replay the WHOLE story to see what really happened. I’m so confused. If we had the option to replay just the chapter (keeping the same points we’ve accumulated as before) I don’t see what the harm would be here.

1 Like

support!!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

support

1 Like

omg i need this so much, especially for stories that have point system. i always make the wrong choices and i have to replay the whole story to fix my dumb mistake! :cold_sweat:

1 Like