FEATURE: Remove Skip The Wait Feature

I’m all for supporting your authors, I am a paid author myself. But I do not believe this is the way. I haven’t seen or talked to anyone who enjoys this feature… in fact, quite the opposite
everyone I’ve talked to agrees that this feature is driving off potential readers.

Aside from the new surveys for gems feature, gems can be expensive and hard to obtain… Especially considering this is an app directed towards teenagers and young adults who probably do not have that kind of money to spend.

Also, there is already a waiting period for reader passes to recharge… Why add ANOTHER obstacle for readers who are enjoying a story?

So… let’s boycott this feature? :slightly_smiling_face:

37 Likes

Honestly… at the end of the day, it’s on the author. Yeah, it’s hard to trend without gems. But do you care more about reads or readers?

I’ve found that most smaller creators avoid this feature, so I’ve had a better time supporting them.

9 Likes

No, I agree. I am an author and have vowed not to use this feature. I’d rather my readers be happy than have more gems picked. I guess my big thing is there’s so many other ways to incorporate gems into a story, this one seems counter productive.

7 Likes

*aggressively supports

8 Likes

Support :confounded:

4 Likes

S.U.P.P.O.R.T. Please, support

4 Likes

Hugely support…extremely over this feature

2 Likes

Support! also I find it ironic how the Feature request is to remove a feature, they should create a seperate category called remove features. (oooh I have brains, to bad idk how to properly make a request and all mine get close)

4 Likes

support! support! support! :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

this feature is so annoying! especially when you just want to binge read, like 10+ chapters at a time!

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support

2 Likes

I support, I’ve been on the app for YEARS and I’m saddened that they decided this route. I have seen 11 hour waits and I no longer use my passes as much as I used to because of the waits. I no longer enjoy the same stories as I used to because of the wait times.

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support!!
:blob_hearts: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

I think readers are just being impatient when it comes to Skip-the-wait.

1 Like

S U P P O R T .

(I am indeed impatient; I also don’t pay for skip the wait because I’d rather wait than use up gems.)

2 Likes

Support, I don’t want to pay to skip the wait </3

Support

Support support

supporting this, hella annoying. we already have early access (which, in my opinion, is fair if the author updates in batches consistently), and including paid bonus scenes and a support-the-author choice at the end of the chapter are better alternatives.

1 Like