FEATURE: Search Bar For Locating Lines In Our Script

Hello! I don’t believe a thread like this was already made, but if it was, please let me know! The only other person I saw talk about this was @Cee in the replies somewhere.

I would like to strongly suggest that Episode implement a feature where we can search for a certain line/lines within our script. My script can get pretty long, and I find myself having to look through it for an absurd amount of time just to find the one part I need to work on. If we had some sort of search bar, we could type in the keyword/keywords we know are in the line we’re looking for and be taken right to that part of the script. This would save authors so much time and frustration, and I am ALL about efficiency.

Maybe when we type in the hypothetical search bar, it would give us a preview of all the different possible lines with those words, we click on one, and it sends us to said line (like how we click on an error in the error box and it sends us to where we made the mistake.)

33%20AM

I have also included a picture of where I think this search tool would be best fitted on our script.

If you support this feature being added, remember to like this and bump :grin:

9 Likes

I think there is a select button for “Track” that is on the portal to help locate the lines when you play your story, but this is a good idea.

Support.

2 Likes

Yeah I could totally see this, Support!

3 Likes

LMAO, I totally forgot this existed! And yeah, I would still love to have the feature implemented, but for now I’m glad I can at least use command+F (I own a mac lol.) Thank you!!

2 Likes

Ah, this is another super helpful tip! Thank you!

2 Likes

To be fair, that never works on my browser. It searches the framing site text, but not the contents of my script. :sob:

3 Likes

:slightly_frowning_face:

In that case, we should really have this “search script” feature added so that everyone can have the ability to use it.

2 Likes

Sometimes it does that for me but then I click on the script and press ctrl+f again and it pops up for the script only :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It won’t be as necessary because could just do CRTL + F but it’s a good idea though. Support

2 Likes

Support.

1 Like

So when I try this, I can search for one word, but it always pulls up the first instance of it/nearest one to where I’ve highlighted. Then when I use the arrow to move to the next instance of the word, it only searches within the already highlighted line, and I have to highlight all to get new results. I don’t know if it’s my browser or my computer or what, but it’s really fiddly and requires a lot of clicking around and refreshing. :sob:

I’ll support this for the sake of supporting. But as many people already said ctrl + r does work. But I’m forgetful so this doesn’t really benefit me :sweat_smile:

2 Likes