FEATURE: Search Story Filters

At first, this was meant to be a comment on this thread but I decided that it’s better as a feature thread, and is also off-topic in that thread, so here we are :wink:

I wanna suggest something that I don’t know if Episode would want to implement but I would love to have- a filter option on the search bar, where we can choose which stories we want to be exposed to. For example, we can choose to view stories with a different number of gem choices per episode. Some stories have 5+ gem options per episode, some have 0-1. I think that the number of gem options says a lot about the reading experience, so it’s worth putting as a filter criterion.

Other criteria for this filter can be episode length, story length (n. of episodes), and we can even have the option as authors to tick boxes out of a list that applies to our story, like “male MC”, “LGBTQIA+” and other tags readers might be interested in. And then readers will be able to tick the tags they’re looking for and see results. The stories that will fit the criteria will be displayed according to their trending rank, in order to be fair to the trending feature we have on the app.

I truly think It’ll be easier for readers and authors alike to benefit from the app this way. As an author, it’ll help more people who might like my story find it. And to readers, it’ll be easier to find stories they like. Readers can find stories that are similar to the ones that they’ve read and liked this way. Overall, it will make the platform easier to navigate and will benefit readers and authors alike.

11 Likes

Yessss! Support! :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support however it may be difficult to regulate non episode official stories…
as one issue on forums we have is authors who use any excuse to promote their story on threads not asking for it, I feel like if authors are to select what applies to their story, some authors may just select it all to have their story appear to more people regardless of if the people relate to it or not.

(And I mean that in all do respect to other authors, but I feel like some people who use any excuse to promote their stories may also just go hmm I know I only have a female MC but imma tick the male mc box anyway- I mean more people finding my story right?)

2 Likes

Support!
@RJK well, if they tick the box for male MC they’ll start getting lots of haters or something… so it’s not like they’re really doing themselves a favor :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think this could be solved with a reporting option. For example, if you put your story in the wrong genre, the Episode team takes care of it, right? We could report stories for misusing this feature, or Episode could check the tags of a story they’re reviewing while they’re reviewing it :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree!

1 Like

Fair point. :thinking:

2 Likes

support

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

support!

1 Like