FEATURE: Shelf for MALE authors and or stories with male MC's

Yessssssss.

1 Like

Yeah she did. She even got offended in one of the threads I made which I had no clue it would start a shitstorm.

But back to the topic, it would be better to have more male authors because Episode isn’t really just for females.

1 Like

Support, we have a lot of great male authors on this platform :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

yesss

1 Like

support!

1 Like

No hate here, just stating beforehand.

I am completely against the celebrating men authors/Asian/Black/Italian etc. authors.

I think the story should be featured based on quality, maybe sensitive/important theme, but not authors physiology/nationality/race etc.

Because of these shelf’s concepts Episode is making, we have shelves that celebrates authors, but provides with a lot of low quality content (not saying every story in the shelf is bad, but a lot of them are).

No one is forbidding men/guys/boys to write stories and be successful, we have them already. Just from the top of my head Lucky.episode.

6 Likes

Because of these shelves, a lot more stories over than pregnancies, bad boys, mafia and boss and assistant relationship stories have been featured. There is absolutely nothing wrong with celebrating diversity within the community and honestly if these shelves were not being done, the same authors and the same stories that are not good, have the same plot and have NO effort in them whatsoever, would keep being featured and what difference is that from having a shelf celebrating diversity with a few stories that could use some work?
No one is forbidding males to write, but no one is of encouraging them either. There’s nothing wrong with having a shelf that will finally celebrate and make them feel included within the community as well as showcase their great stories.

8 Likes

As I personally see it, for example from the Arabic shelf, same stories are getting featured. Just by Arabic authors. Nothing diverse bout that.

But fine. This is just my opinion.
I also don’t see that men don’t feel included in this community. I know a few. The ones who want to write - write.
We have a problem with content quality, not inclusion.

4 Likes

That’s a massive lie. I don’t know what stories you’ve been reading, but I have been reading a lot more stories with unique story lines and amazing directing so I don’t know what low content you are talking about. And if before the shelves majority of the authors being featured were always white and now different authors from different cultures are being included, then that is diversity. Yes there could be more work done but at least progress is being made.

1 Like

Don’t call me a liar, mkay? No need to get all personal. Yes, we may have different taste, but I have people who agree with me.
I have no problem with thematic shelves, as they actually provide good content, with great directing. But shelves aimed on authors don’t. We can see it about Arabic shelf. Episode obv had a hard time finding stories at all, as I think, because this time it is a 2-week rotation, not 1-week. And I was reading half of these stories. I won’t mention titles, but one has a hideous directing, and two other have questionable and kinda un-original plots, that are no different from what I see in trending section. Again, it’s not only my opinion.

So yeah. Instead of celebrating physiology, I’d better celebrate creative ideas, no matter who writes them.
I rest my case.

3 Likes

Ohh ok now I see what you’re saying and I somewhat do agree with some of the things you’ve said. However, I still think male authors should have their shelf. You may know a few but majority only know 2 and there are male authors with great stories. There wouldn’t need to be a separate shelf if episode featured them where they could’ve been featured

1 Like

Still, it means that they deserve to be featured only cause they have a penis.
I don’t care who wrote a story, a male or female. If it’s a good story, that brings something new, fresh, or just stands out - it deserves to be featured.
The thing here also, is that female-male demographics on Episode is way off. Girls are simply more interested in this thing. I have a lot of male friends IRL, and I was showing them Episode. They just have different interests.

5 Likes

No it doesn’t. It means they should be considered because there are story out there written by male authors that are better than the ones ended up being featured.

1 Like

Even tho I agree that stories written by males arent that included (because there are more girls on app), Cookie is right. I think that stories should be featured not because their author is a certain religion/gender/race/etc, but because of the story itself.
If you search beyond shelfs and trending, you can find male authors, with great stories and bad stories too. I honestly think this would end up like some other shelfs, when they couldnt find that many good stories and featured some questionable ones just because the author is what he is.
Appreciating diversity is a great thing, but I would like to see more diverse/original stories, and not stories being featured just because author is a certain religion/nationality/race/etc, you know? The author cant influence his race/nationality.

Another thing that makes me kinda annoyed is when they feature already popular stories on these shelfs just because of the author nationality/race. But that is kinda off topic.

5 Likes

I think it’s an incredible idea and should be done it be good to see a male perspective on things. But I be happy with more Male MC.

3 Likes

I agree with you. It should be really based on the Mc and quality of the story rather than author.

3 Likes

In my opinion, I thought you made good points. :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Thank you.
I agree that everyone deserves to be celebrated. I just think they are doing it wrong. The fact that you are Asian or Black or White, doesn’t make you good, or worthy to be featured. What you create - does.
You all can create stories, where you can celebrate your culture/race/country/sex. And I personally support these shelves. Best of genres. Or some theme. Same Asian, or Black/Arab heritage. But make it about the story, not the author. Otherwise, it may seem like you only can get featured if you are a white female, so authors who fall into other categories can’t make it, which is simply not true.

8 Likes

Great explanation. :clap:t4::clap:t4: Can’t agree more.

2 Likes

I agree with this a lot. Even when it comes to shelves about minority groups, I strongly disagree with celebrating authors. We shouldn’t be praised for how we were born on a writing app. And if a white author makes a revolutionary, amazing black character, why shouldn’t that be featured on an African American shelf? We need to stop prioritising authors for things they have no control over and start praising them for the contribution they actively make to our community.

8 Likes