FEATURE: Skipping reread

Every episode reader knows how annoying it is having to reread a chapter when your favorite author has updated their story. What is it displayed something like this so you can get the option to reread it or skip to the next chapter? It would look something like this :arrow_down:

Just a suggestion since I know many people get annoyed by this :grin:

53 Likes

I think that is a great idea :slight_smile: It would make things easier for the reader and the Author.

3 Likes

I think that is a great idea it would be so helpful to authors and readers

1 Like

I feel like I get where you’re coming from - but what if an author really changed the storyline? I feel like it should be up to the author, not the reader.

1 Like

Yeah but if they changed the storyline completely you would just replay the story. Maybe the author could choose to have it there or not?

Support. I hate when this happens so much. This feature has actually stopped me from reading a lot of my favorite stories.

I support this :sparkling_heart:

I NEED IT sorry stuck on caps

To automatically give opinion to skip chapter- it’s impossible.
Why?
Because some authors use gains, remembered named choices etc.
and skipping automatically- that would screw further chapters.

3 Likes

Another bump for this lovely feature ^^

can we please get this!! i hate when this happens :frowning:

YES SUPPORT :sob:

Support

Support. Totally.

As an author who uses gains/points that really affect the story, I can’t support this.
Can you think of an easy way around that issue?

2 Likes

I think that people should not have to reread. I understand that authors sometimes forget to add details, etc. All I am saying, (please don’t take this negatively) is that you should quintuple check your story/episode before publishing. If it is majorly changed, then the author should have the option to make people reread with a free pass. But if there’s a few typos, the author can just hit save and then new readers’ll see the newer version. Sorry, I know I’m babbling.

1 Like

i cant really support this? if they changed the whole episode to fix gains youll ruin the story because you wont have the gains to move on? like if it was a story where choices matter and a choice in that story mattered it would kind of break the script because it doesnt have that gain (i think)

2 Likes

You’re right. I added the option to skip the chapter at the beginning of each episode in case readers were made to re-read. Because my choices mattered I repeatedly had people fanmailing me or DMing me saying they accidently skipped the chapter (even after I gave 2 warnings) and they missed almost the entire content of the next chapter because they never made the gains.

It’s frustrating to re-read a chapter, I get that. But you don’t lose anything by re-reading and it makes things 10x more complicated for an author with choices that do make a difference. (Which is probably why Episode would never implement this).

2 Likes

I personally like this idea:

1 Like

Good point.