FEATURE: Sound Option

This is honestly pretty scary creating a topic- but I have an idea!

So, I don’t know about anyone else- but sometimes I enjoy the authors set music and sounds, but other times I really just like listening to my own music. I had this idea for a while, but I have really only got around to sharing it now. As for where you can set up this feature, maybe in the story settings where you can disable text effects? I really don’t know, but I’d love everyone else’s opinion on this.

I think it would be a really nifty setting to have and I really do hope it’ll happen!

9 Likes

Ah, I think I know what you mean, like have a enable/disable music/sound effects. Support!

2 Likes

That would be amazing.

2 Likes

Yeah, exactly!

1 Like

I think that would be a cool idea. That’s also something a writer could easily code, though, by asking the reader if they want to enable sounds at the beginning of the chapter and then using a “gain”, so that before each sound they could code “if sounds ( Play music )”. I’ll have to keep that in mind when I add sounds to my stories.

Since most stories won’t have that option, it would be neat if Episode let readers turn off sounds. I rarely listen to Episode music and sounds, either. I usually just turn off the volume on my phone, though, but I see how that wouldn’t work if you wanted to listen to your own music from your phone.

2 Likes

That’s so true! Using gains seems like a really good idea, for now at least!

1 Like

Support!
@ChelseaD567 Also another great idea for the time being.

1 Like

Support!

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it doesn’t work like I hoped it would, I tried it on my story and it wouldn’t let me code:
if (soundOn) {
music music_pop_club (or whatever the sound is called
}
For some reason, it says there needs to be a dialog after music.
We need Episode to let us turn off the Sounds.

Support!!!

Aww! Thank you. I’m glad you’re on board. :heart:

Could you do

If (soundon){
Insert sound name
Then here write your scene
}
Else {
Write your scene here without the sound
}

That way there is dialogue following the sound?