FEATURE: supporting small authors discussion

I don’t have many supporters but I’ll spread the word!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

I agree. While I think the authors on there’s desvered to win, I think there were some underrated authors who should of won, especially stories that’s challeged the idea of what’s a hero was, for example H&V: Angels Can’t Die.

3 Likes

Omg finally someone said it!! Thank you so much for this petition! It’s a great and an incredible idea!! I support it with all of my heart! I honestly hope this gets as many likes and comments as it can get, so hopefully episode will get to read it!!:heart: SHARE THIS EVERYBODY!!

4 Likes

We do not currently have a section for petitions. If this is a feature request, please change the thread title to properly reflect what you are requesting. In this case you would be replacing petition with “App”. Thanks!

2 Likes

So I should basically change the word Petition to Feature? I was really struggling to find the best forum section to start the thread but I honestly believe this is a very important issue that must be addressed.

2 Likes

Please refer to my quote above. Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you, I just got confused. All done now. But I do think that Episode needs a petition section so that the app improves and develops. Thank you!

3 Likes

Total 100% support! I’m postting this on my page now!! Thank you for starting this petition!!!

2 Likes

sup ladies and gentlemen so… who’s down to e-mail episode lol

1 Like

I am on the fence with this.
Sure, for the latest contest, all the stories had over 1k reads, but that’s not always the case.
I think saying “x stories must have <1000 reads” is limiting because then that makes it seem like a story with 500 reads that isn’t as good as a story with 2k reads might make the shelf instead of the other story just to make the quota.
Also, sometimes authors who not many people know, can come out of no where and get a lot of reads on their contest entries (e.g Blurred Lines even though it didn’t win). So that would be considered a “popular” story because of the reads? Or a less popular one because of the author’s total reads?
My first contest entry somehow managed 1k in a week. I had barely 200 followers and my only other story on the app didn’t even have 500 reads :woman_shrugging:. So would I have then have to “compete” in the “popular author” section even though I was completely unknown?

11 Likes

@K_Artist2001, @M.G, @TLdax913

Thank you very much for your support! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart: Please, share this petition as much as possible so that we can get attention!

2 Likes

I 100% support this :grinning:

2 Likes

You are making a good point here and I was also shocked that Blurred lines did not win although it was ranking second, right after S. Langdon.

The algorithm needs refining but what I still think should be done is separating popular authors from emerging ones so that the chances are more equal.

Maybe we should separate authors by the number of followers and not reads then?

3 Likes

1k reads or 200 followers most likely won’t get you anywhere. We’re talking about over 20k reads here. Authors with over 50k followers and 1M reads should compete in the popular author section. Below 20k reads and 5k followers are welcome.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever write another story again. :frowning:

2 Likes

I try to never look at who the author is when reading a contest story. To me it just seems like the equivalent to ‘branded merchandise’. Because the name is more well known there is a clouded judgement that automatically makes it better, which is obviously untrue.

It’s a shame there isn’t a way of doing something along the lines of a blind taste test. No names, just the story. That’s how you find out who has actually written and directed the best entry without their popularity and ‘brand’ attached.

11 Likes

Yes, we need refining that. My pitch was an impulse but I think it still does have a ground. Let’s figure out all the details and then make a good solid pitch to be heard.

1 Like

It says 1k in the initial post, which to me is too low and limiting.
But then what about authors between 20k reads and 1M reads? An “average author” shelf? (I’m kidding.)
But seriously though, how do we determine these “limits”?

4 Likes

Oh no, but your story was so good! Please, don’t get that discouraged, I am sure we will be able to start a discussion with Episode!

1 Like