FEATURE: supporting small authors discussion

I’ve finally come to this forum and the topic itself. I can’t possibly read everything that’s already written here, that’s why I might say something that’s been said already, but my idea is here:
Episode should make a shelf for ALL the contest entries while the contest is still on. This way, entering this shelf, people will see all the stories entering instead of searching for the particular ones in the search (which obviously would be stories of the famous authors).
And in the shelf, the reader would be able to read all the stories that caught his/her attention with the cover, description or anything. So it would at least depend more on the author’s work. Of course, stories of famous authors would still gain more reads… For that I still think the whole evaluation system should be changed, but I’m not sure Episode is going to do so. So, maybe they could start with at least this one little and simple step.

4 Likes

Hi, Anna, thank you so much for joining!

Yes, I believe someone has already suggested a separate shelf for all contest entries and I also support this idea!

It is indeed a small step but at least it’s something…

Hi Briana! Would have to disagree with you on recommending stories. I believe that stories should be recommended based on how much you enjoy, not by its popularity.

2 Likes

Bump :wink:

1 Like

On the app there is a new userstories section

bump!

Bump

Support! Absolutely! The only issue to bring to light is how this would affect readers. For instance are readers more likely to ONLY read the higher tier readers because they’re more popular. Perhaps they could post the winners a few days apart so “Lower tier winners on Thursday Higher tier winners Saturday” so people have time to read the lower league for aspiring authors before the bigger authors.

Bumbity bumb

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump :grin:

1 Like

I agree
cause our stories aren’t bad , they’re preety cool but people are focused on biggest authors stories and they don’t leave space for us !

excatly !

1 Like

Everyone deserves coverage but smaller scale writers have the hardest time building a fan base. I think we need more social coverage and honest R4R. Anyone in support?

5 Likes

There are some. There are tons of small author supporter groups and right now there is a group that hands out awards for small authors.

@Epi.small.author.awards
My Instagram is sam.episodes
You can go onto my following list and I follow a lot of groups that support small authors.

I do agree though. We all are put on the back burner for the most part. Or those that start off small and make it big stop supporting you and again you are left in the dark.

2 Likes

Support.
Even I am not into R4R, but there are too many ghosts or authors who don’t read the thread at all, just posting their stories like cope and post. And finding someone who honestly will do R4R, not only post one screenshot as a prove (Just tell what she or he thinks about the story) - it is really hard!

2 Likes

I dont know this one. but most I see you cant recommend your own story. and no one els is

2 Likes

It’s really sad I mean I don’t believe in instant success. I have written books on Wattpad I know the drill but, I just feel that there’s a big gap in the writers who need to be discovered

1 Like

See that’s a problem too. I follow a lot of different writers on Instagram and I do nominate them for awards because I believe they work hard. It still doesn’t mean they have gotten the notice they deserve.

There should be new awards were you can’t recommend yourself

@Daniela96

1 Like

That was the opsite of what i did say. not that I diasagree with you

just evry one i see, you can not recomand yourself. and no one els will recomand my story .