FEATURE: Unlimited passes for everyone

This is probably a really unpopular opinion but I think everyone should have unlimited passes because most users won’t be willing to buy them eg. teenagers. Episode will be making a lot more money through the ads anyway because users won’t have to be waiting 4 hours for refills and will be binge-reading so obviously have to watch a lot of ads?

Just a thought loool

20 Likes

Disagree. I think we all would love unlimited passes but deep down the waiting and excitement for waiting for passes is something i appreciate.

7 Likes

Yeah i get what you mean but a lot of people get frustrated waiting and stuff

I’m not a masochist or anything but i like the frustration :joy:

4 Likes

Instead of all the time maybe it could be a certain day that we get unlimited passes :thinking:

9 Likes

yeah that’s a good idea hahaha

1 Like

That’s not gonna happen. They have three ways they make money; passes, diamonds, and ads. If they get rid of passes, that slashes a third of their income. How do you think Episode is able to fly people out to California for creators contests, or collab with popular movies, or heck, even pay their employees? It would make no sense. Maybe they could make an unlimited pass for an hour available for diamonds or real money, but they’re not just gonna make them unlimited.

7 Likes

Cant they just offer monthly/yearly unlimited pass for whatever amount of money they think it fits. Make it permanent offer and let people decide whether they want to buy or not

6 Likes

They already make a monthly one for like £8.99 I think

1 Like

i mean permanently offer. Not just come and go

3 Likes

As I’ve discovered, this is only a random lottery as to who gets the monthly offer. I don’t understand why everyone can’t have this offer, because there will always be people who don’t want to pay for it but are maybe willing to buy passes or diamonds instead. But I know I won’t be using Episode until I get that monthly offer back, because the ads crash my phone and I’m not going through that hassle just to read a story.

5 Likes

I agree

Seeing as the hype for episode has significantly died down- which a number of factors have contributed towards- the best thing episode could do is give unlimited passes to all the users

It would make the app more attractive to newcomers, and maybe even people who have deleted would consider reinstalling.

Episode has pissed off its fans with its restrictions before but this would be quite redeeming in my opinion lol

(I know they won’t do it tho, they’re one of those corporations who don’t listen to public criticisms and suggestions) :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Yeah I get you, the ads can get really buggy, hopefully you get the offer back soon

Trusttttt me, episode isn’t anywhere near as popular as it was before, I think they should at least give more ways of getting free passes rather than just 4 every 4 hours, maybe 8 every 4 hours would be good

1 Like

I personally disagree. I mean, that would totally drain the fun out of Episode because you could read multiple stories every day without waiting and it just won’t be exciting anymore. That’s also how Episode makes most of their money and if they did give everyone unlimited passes they would lose chuncks of money. They need money to pay the team so we get weekly updates, so they can update the app, etc.

2 Likes

It’s frustrating having to wait for more passes, especially when some stories have really short chapters! Giving us unlimited passes means we can finish stories quicker and move onto other stories quicker, this could potentially mean more gems are bought for other stories!

3 Likes

Well they just dont listen to stupid suggestions

1 Like

I think everyone deserves the option to get free passes once a month and should be able to choose if they want to buy them , I just lost my unlimited passes yesterday and I have had them for very long time and it really nerve racking and just every body having the choice would be fair

4 Likes

This isn’t the case, everyone is entitled to a suggestion and if multiple people think this is something they should do, you’re calling everyone stupid, you’re rather rude, please stop commenting on this thread if you’re going to continue being rude. We are all entitled to our opinions but give your opinion nicely.

2 Likes

welp