FEATURE: Unpublish a Story

Instead of having to lock our stories with a password or loop, hide them from our profile (while they still pop up under search results) and constantly remind our readers not to spend their passes on this story, why don’t we all just get blessed with a simple solution for this: an “Unpublish” button for the stories we’ve published.

Perhaps this story needs to be revamped, so we would prefer to republish it once it’s ready. Perhaps this story is currently on hold and we don’t want our readers to read it until it’s being actively updated again. Maybe we even feel like discontinuing this story, but we don’t want to permanently delete it just yet. We all have our reasons.

Whatever your reason may be, I think this is yet another absent must-have portal feature.

Unpublish

I’m surprised no one’s suggested this feature separately before though.

If you support this idea, make sure you leave a :heart: on this post and comment your thoughts below. Much appreciated! :slightly_smiling_face:

Related threads/suggestions:

FEATURE: Delete Button for Stories!
FEATURE: 2 more options for story status! (discontinued / on pause)

Make sure to check them out and leave a :heart: if you support them as well!

282 Likes

omg, theres a "unpublished’ button!!! SUPPORT!

14 Likes

SUPPORt!!!

3 Likes

Support

2 Likes

SUPPORT, THIS WOULD BE THE BEST FEATURE EVER :heart_eyes_cat:

I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS! :sparkling_heart:

Lol, I suggested something along those lines but unfortunately my post contained two feature requests (breaking the guidelines) and everyone was telling me to go support the delete stories thread…and then it got closed. To be fair, this is when I was new. Looking at my first thread is so cringe worthy, I swear :rofl: Anyways, I dreamed the red un-publish button would exactly like that. It’s like you went into my mind :smirk: :alien:

13 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Support!!

3 Likes

Aw, thank you :purple_heart:

While the delete feature may be similar to this, I think unpublishing should come along with it (as I already explained in the original post). This is why I’ve created a separate thread for this one since no one has (weirdly) made one before.

Who knows, I may be a mind reader :thinking:

9 Likes
Bump
3 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

support! :heart:

2 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

That would be so helpful!! Support!

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

I support, because I have a story on here that has a lot of glitches and bad spot direction. This was a story I made when I was learning how to use the portal. Now that I’m better, I don’t want that story to reflect on what I’m working on now. I hid it on my profile but its still readily availabe to read on the app :upside_down_face::unamused:. I would love an unpublish button so that it can just disappear altogether until I am ready to work on it again.

7 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

Bump!!

2 Likes

Support!!

1 Like

I know the feeling. At this point I really don’t get how such a basic feature hasn’t been implemented in the portal yet, along with the option to delete a story altogether. :confused:

4 Likes

Yess!! I totally agree with you. I always have to put that my story is “ON HOLD” in my description just so my readers won’t waste their pass on that particular episode. I don’t like doing that because it makes my story description area look tacky. Therefore, there should be a button on the portal that says Unpublished. It makes sense.

8 Likes