FEATURE: Using own music!

Support!

1 Like

OMFG! That’s a great idea :wink:

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support. There are so many sound effects that I need, which I can record myself. And episode does not have them.

2 Likes

Bump :sparkles:

2 Likes

Support!!!

1 Like

This would be a good idea if not for copyright, even if you used royalty free music, Episode can’t review every story to see whether or not they’re using copyrighted music… it could get Episode into a lot of trouble. But what I do think would be a good idea is being able to record your own sounds, but then again people might take advantage of it and record copyrighted music.

3 Likes

SuPpOrT🤪. SUPPORT SUPPORT SUPPORTTTT.
Yes pleaseeeeeeeee​:joy::joy::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Just play a certain instrumental while reading a story. This will never happen, as cool as this feature is.

3 Likes

But when we create the stories, in order to avoid copyright, we could just play instrumentals of the song.

2 Likes

That can still be copyright.

2 Likes

I doubt this would work, sadly. With images, the review team can do a quick reverse Google image search to make sure your image didn’t come from a copyrighted source, a single image probably takes them 5 minutes tops to review.

There’s no equivalent with music. Unless the reviewer recognises the song source, or they buy/design a MP3 plagiarism checking algorithm, which would probably be hella expensive, they can’t find its origin. I don’t claim to be an expert in copyright law, but I’d presume that most songs are copyrighted in their entirety; anything from 10-second previews to parts of the instrumentals to the lyrics, everything.

TL;DR fun idea, probably not realistically feasable.

3 Likes

Alexa_x3
I also like to add music of my own but it will not happen.
But can i ask a doubt ?
When i was reading Pitch perfect in deep treble, i noticed Chainsmokers Closer was added as the background music. Its not in the music and sound list but i know that story was created by episode itself. But why can we do like that?

2 Likes

do you mean music that you made or pre-existing songs?

1 Like

Support! Being able to upload your own music is a great idea! You could write your own song, use royalty free music, etc.

Just don’t use music created by other people without explicit permission from them and their publisher / record label / anyone else that may have rights to the song.

Remember: Credit means nothing to Copyright. You can’t use the first 10 seconds of a copyrighted song, you can’t use samples from copyrighted songs, etc.

Episode I assumed signed an agreement with the people who owned the songs to include them in that story only. The same reason we can’t get access to some outfits and backgrounds - we don’t have permission to do so.

3 Likes

100% support. Are people forgetting that systems like YouTube’s Content ID exist? It isn’t really that hard to make their own system like content ID. Instead of people’s original song’s being manually reviewed, it has to pass a few tests that will take seconds via systems like Content ID which never fail at recognizing a copyrighted song. And if it does, users can have the option to dispute at which the songs will be manually reviewed and if the dispute is false, the users get a penalty for abusing the dispute system. And songs can have time restrictions like they can make it a maximum of 10 minutes and it has the ability to loop like any song in the currently existing Episode library. Furthermore, they can update the library with the THOUSANDS of non-copyrighted music out there like NCS which they can literally add their music into the app directly without ANY legal trouble. Also, Episode’s composers will always update the game with new soundtracks…

I don’t get the people complaining about this great idea that will make each story VERY UNIQUE and has it’s own charm, and make it also not feel like another cheap story. It will increase the overall quality of stories in Episode and enhance the user experience a LOT.

4 Likes

Actually, I don’t support this. It would be better if Episode had a list of royalty-free music we could use in the portal.

6 Likes

I support this because it doesn’t just have to be other’s music. I make my own and would love to add it to my stories. Maybe it should only be your songs. I think this will lessen the drama. If you don’t want to put your songs on the app, fine, you don’t have to. But I do think this is a great idea. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think you forget that Episode has a small team unlike Youtube which is owned by Google that created the coding and mainframe for the Youtube Content ID. If Episode was to make its own version of Content Id, they would need an entire group of programmers, people who put in a database of copyrighted music and people to manually check uploaded music incase the Content ID fails to identify copyrighted music.
It would cost Episode so much money to implement and Episode would be losing money because they would not be making money from this and having to pay at least three different groups of people Episode would be losing money.

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like