[FEATURE] Vote on what the Episode Team works on next

I saw the newest update to the Episode library and what I witnessed was disheartening. A lot of people seemed to really hate the update and complained about the quality of the new content. Some people seemed content and liked it but a lot of people questioned the validity of the update. I’m not saying anyone is wrong for voicing their opinion on what they do and don’t like about the update I just wish there was a more effective way for the content creators and the people who actually use the content to communicate what is most needed and wanted.

It would be nice if we and the creators could work with each other rather than against, resulting in frustrated comments and tons of deleted comments by the staff. I feel like it must be hard on them to try and do what we want but not know what voice to listen to and end up complying with an idea but making everyone who wanted something else mad. Now I know you can’t make everyone happy no matter what but what if every week before an update everyone had a chance to VOTE on what they wanted in the next update? The team would provide a couple of choices that they feel they can do for the next update and people get to choose between those.

After all it was proven that there was multiple forums asking for this most recent update but still the majority seemed angry about what we got. Maybe it just wasn’t what people had in mind.I think this would help with people understanding why we got the update we did as well. Most of the updates seem themed which is fine but it would be nice if we didn’t have to wait for a specific update during a specific time like summer-related updates in summer. This would also help the staff not retread waters that people feel is sufficient enough. Like making more dresses when the majority of people want more fantasy attire and ect. Idk, I think it would be nice if we had more of a say in what gets made first. Of course, if something doesn’t get upvoted one week it would just show up on the roster the next week with a new option in place of the one that got the most votes. This way the Episode team would know what the majority of people find to be a priority and what can wait till later in the year. Of course some people will be mad because their thing doesn’t get the made or almost gets made but isn’t voted on the most but of course, they have a chance to vote for it the next time the poll is open. The comments could also be a good place for people to suggest what they think should take the place of the open space.

This is just a rough idea of what the voting process would be like but I still think it would be a good feature that would benefit all.

Support if you agree

32 Likes

Support!! That is a fantastic idea!

Support
I really like this idé. :+1::heart:

But the reason so many people got upset - me included - wasn’t because of the update as such, But because it was just recoloring of something we’d already had. And as much as we needed that recolor of underwear there’s so much stuff we need more. Props, hairstyles, backgrounds etc, (things that would give our stories more variation) that we know is out there, just kept hidden by the Episode team and used only for their feature stories.
Besides, something that keeps baffeling me is how Episode can state one thing in their rules/guidlines - like no sexual related scenes or nudity - then encourage it the next - we got underwear for crout*. How often do you see those… . It’s a bit controdicting, don’t you think. But when you look at the covers for the most popular stories - featured stories included - I guess that says it all what people want…

4 Likes

I one hundred percent agree, that way we could stop complaining and Episode would quit with all the items we never asked for. Baseball update

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I really dislike the recolors and the hidden dresses and hairstyles they obviously have but won’t give us for some reason. It use to be because they were paid for by whatever company paid them to make the episode like Demi Lovato or the people who made Mean Girls but now they are in regular stories too! What a drag . . . Not to mention the special animation they have like the proposal one for LL. I feel ya girl :sob:

2 Likes

Support!!!

Just a heads up that you have an entire section of the forums for your requests that go directly to Episode themselves. We also collect the amount of comments and likes for each request and add them up so ultimately the entire forum is already doing this in a way. /looks around…/notices this thread was created in that section…/scratches head…all right then. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

I disagree with this feature.

support!

1 Like

Why? I’m not trying to be rude, just curious :slight_smile:

I mean, it’s their company so they should decide what they want to do. Besides @/Jeremy made a good point.

2 Likes

I mean this has the best logic ever.

2 Likes

True, true.

2 Likes

Yeah but it’d be better if they got the best of those options and had us vote and then that way it’d just all be in the same place and we wouldn’t like forget what we hearted on and stuff. And usually people just heart what they like but not love, and it’d be good to just have a proper voting system where people would know that they would make it if they voted a lot on it. Cuz you don’t know when people are going to make things even if you heart them and stuff.
So I support!

The Episode Team would have to make a poll on that, plus I think they this already months ago.

I agree, because they make a new batch of clothing like every week or so? and they work their asses off. SUPPORT!

2 Likes

That’s what I’m saying. They choose like three options, and then we vote.

1 Like

I wish we could make our own recolorings of the assets - like you do with for instance Sims - but I doubt that’s even a possibility.

@AMagic
Yes, agreed, Jeremy’s logic and point are spot on, but Stargazer also makes a valied note.
Most people just heart/support what they want or like the idea of without a thought about how much they want it or what they’d rather have instead.
A poll each week, or month for assets the Episode team has picked out would most likely appease even the hardest critics. You can’t say much against it when it’s been voted forward by the community as a whole. Like for instance the name for Limelight when it was announced. Some people might not like the result of the poll, but they can’t say much about it in retrospect.

@Summersprit
Great summery.

1 Like

Yeah, also this way doesn’t account for the fact that a lot of these feature posts get buried and forgotten about under the wave of other features coming in. I mean I’m not on Episode forum everyday so if there’s a feature or idea I haven’t heard yet but it’s buried by then I am SOL as well as the person who made it because they won’t get any hearts for it. People heart what they can see and this algarsythm doesn’t really account for that. I just think this would be a clearer way to do this.

1 Like

Like the Sims expansion pack votes? Ok, I support this idea. :+1: