FEATURE: Zones in Previewer

So I’m super glad that the previewer has the option to change the layers of overlays now, but I was hoping we could get a button that lets us go to a different zone on the background.

Because I know it can get annoying having to always type @cut to zone x in the script and then update the previewer to even see the next zone - especially if you’re placing overlays in certain spots around the screen - not to mention background characters and other special effects.

I just think having a button that will change to a different zone in the previewer would help a lot of authors streamline their writing process and save a lot of time in the long run.

36 Likes

Well, if I have to place overlays in a certain spot, I make the screen so you can pan it!

1 Like

That’s what I do as well at the moment! But it’d be a lot easier for newer authors to navigate the writers portal if there was a specific button for it - especially since most of them probably don’t know that they can do that yet :joy:

3 Likes

True! It sucks having to code that every time I want to place an overlay in a different zone!

1 Like

i S U P P O R T

2 Likes

I was literally thinking about making this thread yesterday, but thought I was being overdramatic. I’m so glad other people want this feature as well! Support!! :100:

2 Likes

support!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

support!

1 Like

When I have to place characters and overlays in different zones I usually zoom out a ton to see the entire image and place the chars and ols. But with an option to cut to a zone in the previewer would not only be easier, it would be more accurate.

So… support. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Support :smiley:

1 Like

Support!
Would save so much time

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support