Featured story discussion: Positively Princess

I know… that’s the point.

I’ve read both Instant Princess and Positively Princess and the only similarities are finding out you are royalty and then having to get married.
I understand some people are upset because they took a story with some similarities and added customization so that the reader can connect with the main character (who you pick the name) but I want to throw some deductive reasoning out there.

Complaint: It’s a rip-off of Instant Princess with a Pregnancy twist.
Complaint: The first Episode is straight out of Tangled.
Complaint: The plotline of requiring to get married to take the throne is a rip-off of The Princess Diaries.

Logic: Since these are all plot similarities… would it not beg to argue that they are both rip offs of The Princess Diaries?
Finding out your a princess and then being forced to marry to take the throne?

Saying Positively Princess is a rip off of Instant Princess would be like saying Instant Princess is a rip off of The Princess Diaries since they all share the same basic plot line.

How many stories out there share one or two similarities and automatically people think they are rip offs. I won’t mention them because that is off-topic, but even in Hollywood, many stories have similar themes. That does not make them ripoffs or copies (Star Wars vs Harry Potter - orphan living with aunt and uncle who discovers he has mystical powers and learns to harness those powers to overcome evil which in some form is a part of him.)

Get what I’m saying?

What I want to know is… can our authors have the cool hair, facial features, animations and ANIMATED HORSES???

7 Likes

Bravo Annie :clap: :clap: :clap:
Finally someone says that directly :sob:

Thanks!!

I’ve also read both stories and I don’t get all this talk. Stories are not the same!!

1 Like

:thinking:

I understand where you’re coming from but that doesn’t change the fact that Episode made an awful job here. Instead of featuring an amazing story with black characters who aren’t the usual gay best friend who has no character development but actually a proud black MC whose life doesn’t revolve around parties, they just decided to feature a story who has black characters just for the diversity, black characters who can only seem to be here to support the MC and have no character developement. They decided to feature a story where the MC excuse me but is an actual dumbass who follows a “SEXy StRaNger” who is in no way sexy by the way :expressionless: to the end of the word because yes she’s just gonna believe everything he tells her because of love at first sight :heart_eyes::neutral_face:. They featured a story which excuse me the one(s) who worked the plot out isn’t really “original” at all . IP should have been featured instead of this but they just decided not to.

14 Likes

Is it me or the “Postively” pointed hints towards a pregnancy of some sort…?

4 Likes

On the more positive side (no pun intended) and since we’re talking about new features, I really wanna see more male characters with beards. Not just invisible stubble but something more like this or longer:

Beard

Even a long wizard beard would be great. We need more features for older characters. Maybe that’s just me… :woman_shrugging:

13 Likes

Perfect.
Old%20beard

Could Episode make this guy a suitor in Positively Princess? I totally would read the story then :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

Allow me to disagree, the only featured stories I’ve “bashed” were ISWAB and IMB, for good reasons. If you look at my previous posts on this thread, I’ve actually stated that I won’t judge this story too hard and I encourage Episode to improve its plot and not fall into previous clichés, along with continuing to introduce new features :blush: Don’t worry, I’m perfectly chill.

8 Likes

Um, about Love Life (I am not trying to argue, this is my view…) you stated, “Excuse me while I delete this god-for-saken app”. Something along the lines of that. Some cliches are not really that bad

1 Like

No problem, I don’t see this as an argument either and I understand why my posts might sometimes come across that way :slightly_smiling_face: About that post, I had already deleted the app after the IMB fiasco and wanted to redownload it when I saw people talking about a new story, but I was simply disappointed to see that it was another bad story (in my opinion, of course). Therefore, I deleted the app again. But Love Life isn’t what made me delete the app initially, if that’s what you’re referring to.

6 Likes

There’s a lot of others who always bash state their opinions about every featured story… Myself being one :raising_hand_woman:

9 Likes

Emphasis on state their opinions :smile:

1 Like

This is exactly what happened. Thank you for writing down what I was thinking.

Oh. No worries, then. I do miss the good stories, like you. :slight_smile:

Confused as to what you’re meaning, but there’s a whole other thread for that story anyway

2 Likes

Ohhhh. Well you can see what I thought of it on the thread for Glitch Girl

I don’t want to get flagged for being off topic

2 Likes

Link?

Sure, no problem! :slight_smile: Good to know I was able to explain what I meant a little better/more fully.

1 Like

It’s here