I’m making a story that will be based on two different time eras. So I already placed a limited cc template for the main character but I’m wondering if I should make a duplicate character for when the main character enters into the other time period? Like Character 1 for modern time and Character 1.2 for the dated time period? Which I would then put a second cc on that character for the dated time period for that part of the story. I hope this made sense.

1 Like

That would work, but there’s a simpler way to do it.

@DUPLICATECHARACTER becomes MAINCHARACTER

This makes the duplicate character look exactly like the main one.

Make sure you remember to use it AFTER the cc and to replace the names.

Hope this helps and makes sense :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! Would the duplicate character appear in the character section after being made?

1 Like

You’re welcome, and I’m not sure what you mean. If you are asking if they’ll be on screen I’m not sure but if they are just place them in zone 2.

1 Like

Oh okay, I meant when you went to the character page in the web portal would the character be there? Sorry,I’m not use to using advance cc just yet.

1 Like

Yes, they would. But you have to create the duplicate character first.

Example:

@DUPLICATE becomes ELLIE

So make sure you replace “DUPLICATE” with the name of the duplicate character and you replace “ELLIE” with your main characters name.

I hope that makes sense.

1 Like

I think I understand it now. So I would need to create a character put duplicate as the name then when coding change the duplicate character to the main character’s name? Correct?

1 Like

Almost.

You do need to create a character it doesn’t need to be called duplicate but you probably should to avoid confusion.

@DUPLICATE becomes ELLIE

When coding you need to keep “DUPLICATE”

But you need to change “ELLIE” to your main character’s name.

1 Like

Okay, I get it now. Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

No problem, good luck with your story!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this involves coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

Oh whoops, I need to go back over that.

Also, thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.