Feedback about the new forums

Hello.
Even though I’ll miss the old forums :broken_heart: the new website is more organized and I like how it works. Also, I really like the new option to change our names. It is going to be very helpful.
However, I’d like to open this thread to talk about it, so we comment our opinions and offer feedback to Episode. But, I recommend to send your opinion to the official Feedback Form, too!

Here are my suggestions:

• More options for our texts. I liked the tools the previous forums had, like how we could change the text font and its colors.
  • I’ve already said this, but I’d like to hear other opinions. I think the profile pictures and threads should be “bigger”, but maybe I see them so small because of myopia. :sweat:

What do you think about the new forums? :black_heart:

5 Likes

I wish it would be easier to tell which posts are comments and which posts are posts, but other then that, it’s ok.

11 Likes

And we can create polls. Such as:
On a scale of 1-10, How much do you like the new forums?

0 voters

4 Likes

I didn’t know it :no_mouth: lol I like the new format more than the previous one. It is more complete.

1 Like

I remember back in 2016 the users would always talk about how poorly arranged vBulletin was (no shade) and I got the impression that the Episode staff agreed, but they obviously couldn’t do anything about it because it was not their platform.

With all of that said, I am extremely proud that Episode has come up with their own forums! The look is a bit too cheery for me (and that sounds depressing now that I type it, lol) but I do love the layout! The only thing is that it’s missing some key features that were the only upsides to vBulletin, such as size of font and the links being able to be inserted into words. Those were personally my two favorites and I was a bit surprised to find that they weren’t here.

But that is being nitpicky! I love the new “blur spoiler” feature, and it’s totally necessary, and we can actually upload pictures without going through some awkward process, crazy right?

7 Likes

That’s true, I got confused a few times, trying to think of what someone was trying to refer to when I realised that it was actually a comment XD

2 Likes

The text thing is a little annoying as well but I’m sure I can get used to it. I like the built-in emojis as well because now I can put them in from my laptop hehe

3 Likes

Honestly, I found the old format so confusing. I like this! I definitely think that there are areas of improvement (which will improve as time passes as this is new). But I like the built-in emojis.

I hope that old posts will transfer to this new forum. Those still definitely help.

2 Likes

I love the new forums! Just a question, when is the old forum shutting? I need to know my deadline to save the helpful posts :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The moderators didn’t told a specific date, but probably it’s going to be soon. :sweat:

To be honest, it’s not my favorite. :pensive: But I can get used to it. I wish it had pages.

2 Likes

If ya’ll could, please leave any feedback that you have in the official feedback thread located here. Thanks a bunch!

3 Likes

While writing a comment previous responses are unseen.
But if I peek back to read it again, half of my comment is gone.

So commenting on this forum is really a pain. :frowning:

And it’s hard to click on Reply button to post the comment, it keeps moving down.

1 Like

For a more robust intro into the forum tools, check out this how-to. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! This is something we’re trying to improve! The comments will be hidden under the post after it gets 1 or more replies. But currently, there’s a double reply showing–the one posted and the one in the “Reply” section. We’re hoping to resolve this soon. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

:slight_smile: :heart: :heart: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s cool so far. I just got to figure my way around and get adjusted to the new platform. in time i’ll like it more. :smile:

3 Likes

I agree! I like it but it’s still weird.

Yeah, but the good thing the old forum is still open to look around :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I’ve got some more feedback. WHY THE HECK ARE ALL THE GAMES IN STORY GAMES AND ROLE PLAYING? Sorry, please excuse my rage message. But seriously, forum games belong in general chat, not Story Games and Role playing. A story game is not a game, and role playing is well, role playing. Us RPers like having our own little forum, where we can find our SGs and RPs with relative ease. All the games will be constantly played, taking up room and pushing our SG and RP threads to the bottom.

2 Likes