Feedback about the new forums

I’m not a RPer, but I agree that it is frustrating for the members who want to do SGs/RPs. Especially because of the amount of replies games tend to have.

We hear your feedback and will be making some moves happen to set up a new subforum. Thank you!

1 Like

Okay i gotta ask, how does one turn of email notifications.

1 Like

Go into your account > preferences > emails, then untoggle all and set to never.

4 Likes

I think this is a great idea. :ok_hand:

Support!!

1 Like

Hi! Just clarifying if you mean for this to be a suggestion thread or a general discussion thread? If you’d like to make this an official suggestion go ahead and start a feature request (stopping on your way to read these guidelines for making feature requests first of course :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

New forum looks great on paper, Very modern. But it will take some time to learn how to navigate around it.
For an old schooler like me It’s a bit messy.

<3

1 Like

Here’s some feedback from me.

THINGS I LIKE:

The many new subforums (so the better organization)
The quicker posting time

THINGS I DISLIKE:

My eyes start to hurt after a few minutes. Night mode, please?
The fact that there are no page numbers and it can take ages to scroll down sometimes
It’s hard to tell what’s a comment and what’s a post
The fact that we can’t change the color of our fonts
No more post signatures

OVERALL

I have to say that I much prefer the old forums. In my opinion, they were much easier to use. It took me a good half hour to learn how to do the most basic things on this forum like edit my profile. It should not take that long. I don’t think this new forum was worth it.

9 Likes

I haven’t included it on the original thread, but I completely agree!
It is annoying, especially on threads with many replies.

3 Likes

Thought I would take some time to answer some questions. I replied in bold and am actually going to work on a new tutorial thread to help with this :smile:

PC/Mac:

Mobile Device: Step 1

Mobile Device: Step 2

I hope this has helped! It’s easier to think of each post as it’s own page number. As when you scroll through the thread you will see the numbers either increasing or decreasing and it seems to change with each post that is scrolled past.

4 Likes

The new forums are very fluid, which is nice! But a few things -
Like some one said before, a night mode would be nice. Also, I don’t like how undefined comments are… if that makes sense? Before, you could easily tell what was a solid post, but now it seems a little more loosey-goosey.
And like someone said before, the comments thing, although I believe that was… intended?

1 Like

I hope this has helped. I know that the reply’s underneath other reply’s are very similar to comments. But the main difference that everyone needs to keep in mind is that they are all replies. Whenever you choose to reply to a post it will always show up at the bottom of the thread as well as below the person’s post that you replied to. I know it takes a bit of getting used to but it grows on you after a bit. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :smile:

Lol I just realized the poll I meant as just a demonstration got 35 voters.

5 Likes

Do u have any idea how do I delete a topic lol -_- i probably sound dumb rn

Nope. I think you have to ask the mods or something.

@Ryan Hey! :slight_smile: Do you have any idea how can I delete topics? :frowning: ugh i don’t find an option to do so. Thanks ^^

Hi! As of now it seems you’re unable to delete topics :confused: So if there’s a thread you would like deleted feel free to direct me to it! :v:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you for responding to my feedback!

1 Like

@Jeremy ~ I have a question: I see that some users have “Episode Community Member” next to their Username and I would like to know if that’s because we can now have badges? :slightly_smiling_face: And if they’re not badges, then when will we be able to have them? :thinking:

2 Likes