Feedback about the new forums

This would be a “title”. It is connected to the badge feature.

You can change your title in your profile once the badges are turned on! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thanks! :blush:

1 Like

I really like how the forums tells you if your new post is similar to any other topics! Hopefully there’ll be a lot less topics duplicate topics!

I did like how the old forums had pages though. But the site looks great!

4 Likes

Wait, how do you change your name???

1 Like

If you would like your name changed you can submit a request to our team who can help you. Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s fine, thanks. I was just wandering just in case I ever do!

1 Like

I actually really like these forums! :grin: But, I do find it a bit harder to use than the old ones most likely because I’m used to the other one. But, there’s one thing I haven’t quite seen anyone mention yet so I’m kind of confused if it’s just me or… I don’t like when you reply to the comment, the reply shows twice. I understand if you don’t press the ^ (down version of that key), but at the very least there should be an @ to figure out if the comment is a reply or a comment. It can be a bit confusing at times.

1 Like

Great point and question! In this version of the forums there are no comments. Every post that you create is either a topic (thread) or a reply. So those reply’s that you see underneath people’s posts? Those are the same reply’s that you will see when scrolling down in the topic.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I was never on in 2016 I would like to see the old one if I can

1 Like

@linalilly10 Although the old forums have been shut down permanently, you can still see and get a general idea of how it was like back then by using Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine. The Wayback Machine is a website and tool that stores snapshots of websites over time, allowing you to see previous versions of websites that have been captured.

You won’t be able to use the features from the old website and some (if not, most) of the webpages may not be fully loaded properly, but some will and will still have the data without the HTML. You may even be lucky enough to still access some of the popular threads, and the main page itself. The Wayback Machine has archives of the old forums stretching all the way from 2014 when Episode was released. You can also view a few snapshots of the new (current) website from just a few months ago.

Here’s the link to it if you or anyone else is interested: https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://forums.episodeinteractive.com

6 Likes