This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

4 Likes

It looks nice :pleading_face: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
But I’m pretty sure you aren’t allowed to use photo references that have celebrities in them?
Or even have cover which have real people?
I’m not too sure tho :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

it looks nice tho!!

Good luck for it!!

2 Likes

oh reallly?
Silly me, do whatever you like if it’s within the guidelines :sweat_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

actually the rule list for covers is quite long. you can read them here

it dosent say anything about copyright in the rules, which is weird.

but when you upload the picture it does. you have to sign off that the picture is not copyrighted. that you can use it.

1 Like

Copyright is a tricky thing, but most of the time when you adapt a piece of media, it’s not copyright.

2 Likes

copyright is easy

did you take the picture, or draw it, then yes you can use it if not then does it says its royalty/copyright free and that you can use it, if no then you cant use it.

2 Likes

Not exactly. The rule is, for parody (like the Scary Movie franchise) or review, it’s fair use. Otherwise, to adapt something (for example, how Disney adapts fairy tales), it has to be something already in public domain and not under copyright.

1 Like

I’ll let you (all) know if it gets accepted or declined. I think it will be accepted.

1 Like

if it gets approved means nothing, I seen them approv clerly copyrighted stuff, because the once who approv are humans and make mistakes, they cant know what evrything is.

you sign off you have the rights to use it. you are claming you own the rights or its an art work with out rights(aka not copyrighted)

1 Like

Personally I don’t see the issue with the cover I made, people use other’s assets all the time (backgrounds, art etc.), I spent time on this, I’m proud of it and I’m excited to publish my story with it.

2 Likes

people never get the problem with this, until its their picture, or their own art, someone are posting places, and using it for cloud

listen I dont know if the picture is copyright free if it is, then yes there is no problem, but els there is.

1 Like

The cover looks good! But, I’m pretty sure you can’t use real people on your story cover so it’d probably be in your best interest to make a new one.

1 Like

I probably won’t make a new one, again I’m confident in this being accepted + I literally painted over the image to make it look like my MC I’m in no way implying it’s the celebrity.

1 Like

Your cover looks amazing :heart:, I get your point and I think you’ll be fine :grin: