Feedback on What Makes a Good Story

No problem! :rofl: I love reading about other people’s opinions on what makes a story interesting. There’s always room to improve, amiright?!

1. What turns you away from a story?
    How abusive relationships can be portrayed as romantic?
    A weak female character
    Typical bad boy/ gang leader
    How the mafia is portrayed in a story

1a. Elaborate on some of your pet peeves about a story, I’d love to hear it!
Overused plot lines of the romance concept and how each episode story is short just to add up 40+ chapters to a story.

1. What genre do you prefer, why?
    I prefer comedy and action stories because I like a character that has a sense of humor and how it is portrayed. I love a character that is smart and can know how to handle themselves in a situation.

2. For someone who is just starting to write on Episode, what tips would you give them?
    Think about having the time on how to use episode directing and instructions to help you with the story that you are developing.
    Secondly brainstorm about a story that you would want to write.
    Despite seeing all the episode stories that are currently trending, how would you develop your story differently compared to the mainstream.
    Develop a story that you could relate to in your perspective and how the story has inspired you on how to live the life.
    What is the mc’s goals and objectives to pursue a better career or life?

3a. What would you tell someone who is just starting to write a story NOT to do?
Do not overused cliche plot lines in a story as well as rushing them to meet a certain deadline.
Don’t write a character that would only want to pursue a romantic relationship with just a bad boy.

1. What genre do you feel is overused?
    Romance. Where do I begin with?

4a. What genre would you love to see more of??
Comedy stories do not get enough recognition on how they are portrayed as. So I would love to see more of that in the future.
Male characters perspective of his life and how it has been portrayed.
Strong female characters that is smart and intelligent. An independent woman does not get a lot of recognition.

1. Does the cover of a story depend on whether you read it or not?
    It’s true that one picture can tell a thousand words. Description of the story is more important to read because sometimes for example when you seek a cover of a girl holding a gun facing you, you would expect her to be a badass. But later on she’s just an innocent girl. There is some kind of misconception there. So reading the description first before reading the story.
  2. Does seeing authors recommend stories they enjoy reading influence you in any way? How?
    it would depend on how unique and different the story is compared to the one that have been published.