Feel Free To Talk Here :)

Hi, everyone. :wave:
As we all known and may or may not have experienced, now is an incredibly stressful time unfortunately. I hope everyone is staying home and staying safe. I hope your family members, friends, and those around you are doing well–including you! :two_hearts:
Feel free to talk about anything here. It’s a hard time, and this is a place to get things off your chest. As I’m writing this, I feel my stomach twist into a knot. I, myself, have a lot to say. :sweat_smile: But that’s alright! There’s no need to bottle everything up.
Ever since this quarantine thing started, I’ve been more alone with my thoughts, so all my issues have gotten a lot more prominent, as I no longer have school to distract me. :warning:TW! :warning: I haven’t been eating well, as I struggle with my weight and eating habits. I have also started pulling my hair out more due to stress, leaving a literal side shave (a bald spot) on the side of my head. I’ve been pulling my hair since I was 8, and it’s hard to stop. I’m getting more agitated and pulling more and more and flinching more and more.
Please make sure to include a TW (or just blur it or hide it) for sensitive content just in case. :relaxed: But other than that, feel free to write anything! I’m here for all of you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I really want to do my best to make this time better for everyone. We’ll get through this!
Stay safe, everyone. :heart:
-Amphia

3 Likes

Hey! I just wanted to say that I’ve been in quarantine for so long that I’m actually starting to get paranoid :joy::heart:

And I also wanted to say that my dad struggled with hair pulling.I watched him go bald all this time.It was really hard.His new job was causing him a lot of stress. I tried to help him but it seemed like I couldn’t do a lot :disappointed:

2 Likes

I really miss my friends and I’ve been trying to contact two of my best friends and neither has been responding to my emails or texts. I haven’t been sleeping well at all. And being in quarantine has left me alone with my thoughts and has caused me to overthink about why either of two of my best friends isn’t responding to me. And most days i lack the motivation to do anything.

1 Like

Ugh I feel like everything has fallen apart during quarantine.

Kinda depressing but read if you want

So several months ago (in December I think) my family and I found out that our dog has osteosarcoma (bone cancer) and a tumor in her front leg. She had torn her ACL the previous summer and was still recovering, so amputating wasn’t an option. So, she goes through some surgery every month (I cannot remember the name for the life of me) to stunt the growth of the tumor.
So, things were alright for a while… until she tore her other ACL. She hasn’t been the same since, and can barely walk. She was still happy, so we were ok I guess, but now things are a bit different.
We are starting to talk about putting her down soon and it’s really hard since I don’t really feel like I have a say. I’ve definitely noticed a difference, but I still think she’s happy. I disagree with my parents and I don’t think its time yet, but I feel like they are making plans behind my back.
This whole thing is creating a lot of tension in my family, and now really is not the ideal time for it… My brother and I are on the outs with our parents, and our parents are aggravated with us for arguing with them and all that.

So sorry about that long rant, but I haven’t really talked to anyone about it and I kinda needed to.
If you read all this, thanks, I wasn’t expecting it

1 Like

I’ve lost one of the closest people to me. He’s not dead or anything but he has a girlfriend now and hasn’t been talking to me. It feels like a forced effort on his part to talk to me. He went out of his way to make sure I was happy and he said he’d never leave me. I had a dream that I lost him and he had one about me. He promised me he’d always be there for me but now it feels like I don’t know who he is anymore. He’s been my best friend for years and we’ve both been through very dark things. Now I just feel like I’m alone. I tried to brush it off saying that I’m glad he helped me even if he’s not around anymore but I feel like I’m lying to myself. The worst part is I actually had feelings for him and I told him that. :black_heart:

2 Likes

That’s hard. I hope quarantine is over soon! Calling your friends and family can help.

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. I really hope things get better for all of you. :heart: :heart: :heart:

I’m so sorry to hear that. You guys sound very close, and I’m sure that no matter what, you’ll still have each other. Friendship is something that should be wanted by both sides.
I hope you’re able to stay in contact with your other friends and family, too. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much! You’re so kind! :pleading_face::heart::heart:

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s tough, but I’m sure you’ll get through this! :slight_smile: You have all my love and support. :heart:

I’m sure things will get figured out. And there’s no need to apologize! This is a safe place to talk, and I’m glad you were able to talk. :two_hearts: Everyone deserves to be heard. I hope things get better for you and your family.

1 Like

@Amphia I don’t know if you already do this or not- but maybe you should talk to someone about it? You don’t have to see a therapist or anything, but maybe you could just talk to a family member or close friend about it. Or you could try and find some sort of healthy activity to relieve your stress.
If you ever need to talk to anyone, I would love to help if I can even though we don’t know each other :heart:

@Epy.Leslie Yeah… I get this. I’ve tried staying in touch with my friends, but its pretty hard. Maybe you should try and reach out to some friends you haven’t talked to in a while? You could also try meeting some new people online! (but be careful obviously)
I also get that it’s hard to stay motivated, but try to reward yourself whenever you get something done. Something I have done is that (when it comes to schoolwork) after I finish an assignment, I let myself watch an episode of a show, or I would let myself go on my phone for a few minutes.

@PropertyofNae I can’t say I relate since I don’t have much luck with boys :joy: But maybe you should try to talk to him about it. Explain how you feel and try to fix things. If still doesn’t talk to you, then maybe you should try and meet some new people or reconnect with old friends.

If anyone needs someone to talk to, I am always here to listen :heart:

3 Likes

Motivation is hard. Finding something you love will help a lot. I understand the feeling of losing interest in a hobby you once loved before, and it really does suck. But with some effort, it can come back!
I’m sorry to hear about your friends and sleep. :heart: Listening to some music, avoiding devices before sleep, and drinking water can help.
You will get through this. :slight_smile: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! You’re really thoughtful and kind.

I did tell two of my online best friends. I don’t feel comfortable telling others. But thank you so, so much for your thought and suggestion! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it and i would love it if we could become friends. And I’ll be sure to try reaching out to friends i haven’t talked to in a while. I’ll also try meeting more people online.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the advice and the kind words. I really needed to hear that.

1 Like

Of course! And any time. :heart: Feel free to PM me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll be sure to keep that in mind. :blush:

1 Like

Isn’t it against the rules to make Just Talk Here thread :thinking:

@Sydney_H ?

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know that. I hope it isn’t. :sweat_smile: