Feeling discouraged to write

So lately I’ve been feeling like writing is becoming a chore. I don’t know what it is but I’ve been procrastinating writing for months now and I don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any tips or is feeling the same?

2 Likes

Literally, I’m feeling like that about a certain episode of mine. Maybe read some of the advice people gave me here, it’s really helpful :blush:

1 Like

Thank you! I hope it will help

1 Like

I feel the exact same don’t worry all the writers on episode has felt that way before,
You probably don’t want to write because you don’t really like your story but who knows.
Listen to music while writing that really helps me not to become bored and it makes me inspired.

4 Likes

Thank god I’m not the only one :sweat_smile: and thanks for the advice, I’ll try it

1 Like

Hey, @BlueMoonWolf!

I understand what you’re going through, but don’t worry—I think it’s something all writers feel at one point or the other.

If you’ve been feeling disinterested when it comes to writing in general, then I’m not quite sure what the cause is. Lack of ideas or motivation, maybe? But if you’ve been procrastinating a certain piece of work specifically, I think I know what you should do. I’d say you should go through your work and delete the parts you’re not happy with, and then fill those places in with brand new ideas. Or if you can’t identify anything in particular, then just cut off the last few scenes and start all over.
It might seem like a lot of work to rewrite everything, but if you come up with some totally fresh ideas, you’ll be sure to want to write again. This has always helped me when I’m not feeling like it.

And always remember—writing shouldn’t ever feel like a chore. If you’re writing something and not enjoying it, there’s no obligation to keep going. Only write things that truly make you happy.

Hope this helped! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I appreciate it. This helped a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since you are not sharing a story. Thanks!

Hey, you aren’t alone with this :slight_smile: I’ve gone through this many times while writing one story xD I just open up paint, im a noob xD, and write down some cool ideas for the story. Afterwards I’m excited to get to that part of the story so I write and write and write… Listening to music also helps a lot :slight_smile: And my final tip on this is to talk to someone for ideas! A persons mind is only limited to the amount of creativity it can have. Don’t hesitate to ask for help, ever. I am always free so never be afraid to talk to me for ideas, my friends say I’m a creative one :wink: Anyway, good luck with writing. Tell me the name of your story and I’ll be sure to read it once it’s out!

Good day xox

2 Likes

Tysm I’ll be sure to talk to you, it’s called Famously Kidnapped. :heart:

Awesome! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I admire you for a reason :wink:

1 Like

Topic inactive for one month. Closed for archiving.

1 Like