Fighting For: Jewish American Heritage Month Shelf (Please read)

The ethnicity comes from Israel though! So technically those who are ethnically Jewish have roots in Asia!

4 Likes

You are right, @ShanniiWrites. According to the Bible, the Jews’ roots are from Israel. But, even though, not all the Jews see themselves as ones whose roots are from Israel. You know what I am trying to say?

3 Likes

I get that completely! It would be nice if Israel could be represented in Asian month too though :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Big time, Israel is in Asia, but not everyone sees Israel as an Asian country. You know, when people say “Asian”, they refer more to (for instance) Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Thai, etc. However, they are not the only Asians. We have Indians, Israelis (as you mentioned), etc.

But, do not worry. I totally get your point :wink: and you are right.

3 Likes

bump (so more people will see :sweat_smile:)

Support :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I don’t think the idea is necessarily dead. Could it be that Episode may not be aware that there are enough stories available to even ask about (rhetorical question).
Maybe it could help to start gathering up some good representative stories to suggest so that they can see that the demand is there. If anything, starting now may give some time for you all to get some recognition this year before the end of May.
But don’t give up! Hopefully we can start seeing some Jewish representation on the app. :smile:

Commenting to bump this topic. I hope they make the shelf

1 Like

Amen for that.

support :clap:

1 Like

You got an answer? They specifically said no? That’s disappointing :unamused:

1 Like

Very :unamused::roll_eyes:

Just a little question because it frustrates me: does it have to be American? It kinda excludes a lot of people when they make “____ American Heritage Month”. I understand that that’s what the actual month is called, but we are a global community!

4 Likes

Look, the reason that I wrote “American” is because I was told that next month (I think) is the month of Jewish heritage or something like this.
But, hey, it is not relevant only for American.

I hope it answers your question, @ShanniiWrites :grinning::blush:

I know ahah. I just wish that Episode as a whole would stop making these shelves so America-centric

2 Likes

Well, at first I wanted to write “Jewish Shelf”, but I was told that it will be a Jewish heritage month in America, so I should write “Jewish American Heritage Month”.

So, I would rather it to be a Jewish Shelf, in general.
But, Episode team will never do that. Why? I don’t know.

2 Likes

YEESSSSS I love this idea!!! I’m Jewish from Israel and I’d love to see my culture represented with the respect it deserves on a shelf.

@ShanniiWrites well, technically, Israel is a part of Asia, but it’s not really accepted as a part of it and politically, Israel is a part of Europe. It honestly wouldn’t be fair to the legit Asian stories.

3 Likes

I live in Israel too :grin::smile:

1 Like

I thought I already said support but 100% SUPPORT! I just wish it wasn’t exclusively for Jewish Americans

4 Likes