Finding a Coder

Hi there
I’m looking for someone to help me with coding on episode with a story that I’m working on, I have the general plot laid out, just needs to be coded on episode and I’m sort of having trouble with that so if anyone wants to help that would be great

ZanPotter

2 Likes

I can help! :blush:

1 Like

Yay!!!

Thanks you so much, so how does this work, I’ve never done this before, do I like sent you my storyline and the images I want used like how do we do this?

ZanPotter

1 Like

Thanks so much for reaching out and responding, I’m not sure what to do first but I suppose I should tell you what my story is about first right?

ZanPotter

Sure! That would be helpful! :slight_smile:

So, in basic terms, your gonna have to use the “@” symbol a lot for commands like “enter from left to screen center” or “@YOU moves to screen right”. Stuff like that, but let me break down this whole thing for you.

EPISODE SCRIPT BREAKDOWN:

1. PANNING THE CAMERA:
    In Episode, backgrounds can be 1-4 zones long. When you code you would put something like “@pan to zone 2”. Letting the script know that you want to move the camera to that exact location.
  2. ZOOMING:
    Zooming lets you move the camera in different directions such as forward, backward, and side to side. When you code it, it contains two parts, an x, and y. It would be coded like this: @zoom on X Y to % in s (seconds)
    You can also zoom in on a specific character like this: @zoom on CHARACTER to % in s
    The possibilities are endless.
  3. CHOICES:
    Now, choices are the main factor when it comes to writing your story. They can have different impacts on the entire story, a part of the story, or just a character in general. Like my upcoming story tells the story of 10 people trapped in the 60s and their choices and how they work together will determine if they survive or die. To do this, you will have to you something called “branches” which will sort of expand your story into different parts. Then the reader will be able to choose to go on one path or another. Now, you don’t want them to make a choice and not get the outcome they deserve. They will feel like they chose it for nothing.
  4. GEM CHOICES:
    This type of choice can get a bit complicated. Doing this will have the same impact as regular choices but readers will have to pay gems that they have to unlock this choice. Like I said before, you don’t want a reader using gems for a choice that doesn’t make sense or is not as exciting as the other choices in previous episodes that you write. It will make them not want to read your story anymore! :frowning:
  5. ANIMATIONS:
    When your writing your story, you want your characters to have multiple conversations with each other and show feeling in what or who they are talking about. That’s where animations come in. In every line of dialogue you write, there needs to be an animation to it. For example, if the character is angry at someone for something they stole from them, you would write something like this:
    @YOU (talk_accuse_angry)
    Why did you steal that from me? It was priceless!
    This will show feeling in what the character is saying. There is a giant list of animations that you can use in your story. In the portal, there is a tab where it shows all of the animations you can use on your characters. Just click on the :eye: and it will show the character with that animation.
  6. TRANSITIONS:
    Every time you enter a scene, you’ll need to use transitions. To use this, it would be coded like this: @transition fade in/out black/white
    There are other colors that you can use but I can’t exactly remember right now, lol!
    You can also time them by coding: @transition fade in/out black/white in s
  7. TEMPLATES:
    If you don’t know what to code if you want to add something special or an idea, you can always come to the forums to get script templates from people who know how to code them, like me. These templates will automatically set the script to where it does exactly what you want it to do like drive a car or blink lights for a horror story. It’s amazing what you can do in the script.
  8. SOUNDS/MUSIC:
    Finally, the best part is that you can add sounds and music to your story. Like the animations, Episode has a list of sounds and music that you can use to add to your story. You would code them like this: sound (sound or music) no parenthesis needed!

Writing a story is like a puzzle. You arrange every piece of code where you want it to go. When you get the hang of it, you’ll be writing stories like a pro. Also, one last tip, if you want some extra assistance, go watch a guy named Joseph Evans on Youtube. He has tons of videos showing you how to code a lot of stuff. It’s really helpful! :writing_hand: :computer:

Joseph Evans: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSqsbyQ1FLql9V0BlLhzZXQ
If you want to know how to do something, just ask me and I’ll do my best to help! :blush:
Just encase I didn’t mention everything, you can always look back at this: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/write/guides

1 Like

Thank you that’s very helpful, I should be able to sent you the story by the end of the end

1 Like

Ok, I’ll be waiting! :blush: