First Glance Impression Reviews! (OPEN!) Quick responses!

This review is only for your title , cover, & description.
We are often told not to judge a book by it’s cover, but let’s face it, your cover, title, and description is what will initially attract a reader. So, If I were browsing the app… would I be attracted to your story?

How I will review:

Title name: 3 possible points.
Description: 5 possible points
Cover: 10 possible points
Total possible points: 18
and last…
How does your overall “first glance” impression make me feel about your story?

Did you find this review helpful?

• Yes!
  • No.

0 voters

Did you think your review was fair?

• Yes!
  • No.

0 voters

11 Likes

I would love a review!! Np!!
My Story:
Author: Madhu
Story Title: Black hearts golden desires
Genre: fanatsy
Description: Nand a sorcerer princess of solataria has two beautiful loving sisters, her other two halves.But what happens when it becomes the vice versa and an old enemy from their past comes back for revenge? Will nand overcome it? or will she fail
Chapter: 6 are published
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
Instagram: @episode.angelindisguise
Cover:

3 Likes

Sure, why not. Lol

Title: Oblivious

Description: When socially awkward Leanna catches the eyes of equally awkward Kai things can’t get more awkward, can they?

Cover:
IMG_20190313_155029_475

Title: Bad Behavior
Summary: How will Alana, Lucas, Ryan, and Rachel survive their past and conquer their future…
If bad behavior follows them everywhere they go?
cc, and choices available!

Cover

Interesting

:ghost:

I use this one around. when I show my story. i like to note i am working on another cover. but i cant really figure out what i want

Here’s mine:

Title: Adventurous: Project Humanity
Description: In a world without sadness, your father starts a little project. What happens when you take part in it? Will you find your place in a world with new possibilities, new feelings?
Cover:

Title Name: 3/3
I think your title name was spot on for this story!
Description 1/5
Your wording is great, however, the lack of proper punctuation makes me think that your story will contain many grammatical errors and would turn me off to wanting to take a chance.
Cover 7/10
Your cover does an amazing job of giving me an idea of what the overall story is about… and the text is done beautifully. I would make the title name stand out more, however. Your title name is a great one and I think it deserves more focus. All that being said, it’s also a “busy” and “cluttered” looking cover. Sometimes using less has more impact.

Your overall first glance impression: Your story looks like it would be a great dark magic adventure!

1 Like

Okay thank you!!

Title name: 3/3
Short & Sweet I love it!
Description: 3/5
I get where you are trying to go with it… but I’m not getting enough to make me want to read more. So far, all I know is two awkward people meet and things more than likely will be awkward. It doesn’t make me want to know much more about them.
Cover: 8/10
This cover is great, but perhaps you could brighten it up? brighter tones give a cheerier vibe. I get the feeling you want a lighthearted vibe, right? I suggest using a simpler background so that the two characters cute eye-to-eye moment remains the center of attention. Your title size and text style are PERFECT.

overall “first glance” impression Your description is not very exciting but the cover and title (if brightened up a bit) are telling me your story is a lighthearted and cute tale of two silly teens (in a good way) in love.

2 Likes

I guess I should fix the description but thank you I will get that fixed.

1 Like

I would really love a review!!

STORY TITLE: A Queen’s Crown
GENRE: drama/romance
DESCRIPTION: You become the queen of a country that’s on the brink of war. How will you get your country through these hard times? Who can you trust? And will you find love?
CHAPTERs: I’m currently working on chapter three and will publish as soon as possible.
COVER:

1 Like

Title name: 3/3
Amazing how two words can tell you everything, huh?
Description: 5/5
The description is well written and exciting! It sounds like trouble! (In a good way)
Cover: 10/10
Excellent! Simple and too the point… Text size and style is also perfect for the overall vibes.

overall “first glance” impression
This story SCREAMS: Hey, I’m trouble (and I know it) Come and see what mischief I’ll get into, if you dare!

1 Like

I wonder what my score will be xD.
The Title: Dirty Little Secret
Description : A new girl in town. Briella Hart, a Cali girl. At the first day of school, she gets detention by the hall monitor. Grayson Sanders. Briella wants revenge, but will she succeed?
Cover :
PNG

2 Likes

Thank you, I think you’re the first person to like my description :sob::heartpulse:
Fun fact: The story is the opposite :smirk:

2 Likes

You think you’re getting into one thing… and it ends up being the opposite? Plot twist already… and not one word of the story has even been read yet. That’s skill. Very clever!

1 Like

I would like a review :+1:
Title: Jenna The Superstar
Description: Jenna’s dream was always to be a singer, what’s gonna happen when she is given a chance of a lifetime from a famous company?
Cover:
Jenna%20The%20Superstar

1 Like

Title: 2/3
The title is a good one, but it seems too choppy and blunt for a story like this. I think “The
Humanity Project” would sound more “graceful” and I think that is the vibe your going for?
Description: 2/5
YOURS: In a world without sadness, your father starts a little project.
I get the overall Idea, but this part of your description is not telling me enough…
SUGGESTED: In a world omit of negative emotion, your father begins a project to return feeling back into the souls of mankind… or something like that.
Cover: 5/10 Again, I sense you want a graceful vibe, but there are too many sharp lines and bold colors… the text on the cover does not match and its rather confusing and does not look “put together”

Overall “First Glance” Impression: Heavenly yet confusing.

1 Like

Thanks! I get what you mean and I’ll have a look at it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Title name: Captive Desire
Genre: Thriller
Description: Jacey’s held captive and the loneliness is consuming her until she meets Elia. While times ticking she falls for Elia. Will the clock ring on the day of their death? (the last part was cut off in the app bit is supposed to be ”or Will They escape together?)
Chapters published: 8

1 Like

Title: 3/3
Simple. It’s very much to the point yet also invokes curiosity.
Description: 4/5
Great, but a little choppy.
Suggestion: How will you endure as the newly crowned queen of a kingdom on the brink of war? Will you lead your people to victory or destruction?
Cover: 10/10
Simple, Regal, mysterious… Great work!

Overall First Glance Impression: Your story sounds like an amazing regal adventure/drama!