First Impressions and Turn Offs šŸ’™

X3 funny and true its all the same no matter what sexuality/race/speices(like a fantasy vampire roomate or somthing)
Also i hate how ppl think genderbending tropes is something groundbreaking its notā€¦its the same trope just diffrent gender.

2 Likes

I know :woman_facepalming:
Like really? This storyline again?! :sleeping:

1 Like

When you have to pay 100 diamonds to wear clothing if not u have to go to a party wearing a sack! Thatā€™s half of why i donā€™t really read featured stories.

6 Likes

Oh my god yes :woman_facepalming:

Definently narraration. Im reading a story rn where its way too much narrartion and the author comes off as trying to be deep and pretencious. I hate excessive narraration

3 Likes

Hello @Mystery.Author, this is Sydney the Moderator.

This topic has been moved from General Chat to Episode Fan Community since it discusses stories. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses:

1 Like

Honestly, I usually click out of a story right at the beginning if ā€œThe authorā€ walks on to explain things about the story. Especially when they start saying, this is my first story, it may be rubbish but please give it a try or, the first three chapters are rubbish but it gets betterā€¦ that kind of thing. Although my eyes usually just start rolling the moment the author walks on and I usually donā€™t get past their 'introduction :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Author notes saying ā€œthis wonā€™t be the best cause itā€™s my first time writing a storyā€ are always a put off for me. It makes me think that if the author themself doesnā€™t think the story is good, then I wonā€™t either.

Narrative gets soooo boring, I canā€™t deal with like 15 straight speechbubbles just talking. I love the use of animations in Episode. Itā€™s one of the reasons I donā€™t like reading Wattpad stories.

2 Likes

I agree, Iā€™d rather have a visual, and get to know things as the story progresses, not with writing.

1 Like

Author introductions kind of give me the vibe that theyā€™re going to be coming on in like every episode with pointless inputs. I hate those kind of authors who come on to the screen EVERY SINGLE EPISODE :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Ikr, ā€œare you sure? I thought you wanted to be noticed.ā€ Like wtf?

stuff like
would you like to wear this amazing fabulous glamorous fine a&& dress for 25 diamonds?
YES PLEASE
No thanks, Iā€™ll wear this bag of sh1t.

or like
MC: Hi Iā€™m Anna
Person: Hi Iā€™m Elle.
MC:letā€™s be best friends after only talking for a minute.
Person:Ok.

5 Likes

oh the most annoying!
MC: Iā€™ve seen this guy 2 seconds ago. He is the hottest person that I have ever laid my eyes on. Iā€™ve felt this weird electricity running through my body. Itā€™s likeā€¦ Beyond his bad boy exterior, there was someone elseā€¦
2 days later after a party:
THE GUY: Annaā€¦ Thereā€™s something about youā€¦ That I canā€™t explain. You are just soā€¦ broods Differentā€¦

7 Likes

Lmaoooo yesss!
MC: I only met you a minute ago but Iā€™m so in love :heart_eyes:
Guy: I never waste time with other girls but when I met you a minute ago I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you :heart:

3 Likes

Bump!

Another little bump :slightly_smiling_face:

What jumps out in a story for you to stop reading it?
I stop reading a story if it, first of all, has people talking and they arenā€™t even doing an animation. Second, if there is like no spot directing, correct layering, or advanced zooms because I feel without that stuff, stories tend to get quite boringā€¦ Also, if the story is about a clichĆ© topicā€¦ I will literally click on any story to read but I feel that in the first episode you can tell if it will be clichĆ© or not. For example, I hate clichĆ©s yet one of my favorite stories is called ā€œBad Boy Roommateā€ā€¦ But there are some stories like @LillyR said that are too repetitiveā€¦

And what things make you think ā€œthis story is gonna be greatā€?
If I can tell from the first episode that the story is gonna be good, then Iā€™ll continue to read itā€¦ For example, if I can like get to know/connect with all of the characters in the first episode without the author having them come on one by one and discussing their personality traits, Iā€™ll continue reading. Also, if they have good directing, good dialogue, and especially a good plotā€¦

2 Likes

Ugh I hate when the author introduces each of the characters! So boring :roll_eyes:
Thanks so much for the points, thereā€™s a lot to think about there :grin:

2 Likes

I completely agree. Honestly, although thereā€™s been much controversy around the issue and many have presented their ideas, youā€™re the first Iā€™ve seen to think the same as me. :smile:

2 Likes

My biggest turn off is telling instead of showing.

I hate when a character is like, ā€œYeah this is my best friend sheā€™s in the same class as me, sheā€™s really sassy and does karate and love frozen yogurt,ā€ Itā€™s so boring and not engaging at all.

1 Like