First Impressions and Turn Offs šŸ’™

Another little bump :slightly_smiling_face:

What jumps out in a story for you to stop reading it?
I stop reading a story if it, first of all, has people talking and they arenā€™t even doing an animation. Second, if there is like no spot directing, correct layering, or advanced zooms because I feel without that stuff, stories tend to get quite boringā€¦ Also, if the story is about a clichĆ© topicā€¦ I will literally click on any story to read but I feel that in the first episode you can tell if it will be clichĆ© or not. For example, I hate clichĆ©s yet one of my favorite stories is called ā€œBad Boy Roommateā€ā€¦ But there are some stories like @LillyR said that are too repetitiveā€¦

And what things make you think ā€œthis story is gonna be greatā€?
If I can tell from the first episode that the story is gonna be good, then Iā€™ll continue to read itā€¦ For example, if I can like get to know/connect with all of the characters in the first episode without the author having them come on one by one and discussing their personality traits, Iā€™ll continue reading. Also, if they have good directing, good dialogue, and especially a good plotā€¦

2 Likes

Ugh I hate when the author introduces each of the characters! So boring :roll_eyes:
Thanks so much for the points, thereā€™s a lot to think about there :grin:

2 Likes

I completely agree. Honestly, although thereā€™s been much controversy around the issue and many have presented their ideas, youā€™re the first Iā€™ve seen to think the same as me. :smile:

2 Likes

My biggest turn off is telling instead of showing.

I hate when a character is like, ā€œYeah this is my best friend sheā€™s in the same class as me, sheā€™s really sassy and does karate and love frozen yogurt,ā€ Itā€™s so boring and not engaging at all.

1 Like

Yasss definitely, I want to meet the characters and learn about them gradually!

Thereā€™s too many romance related stories on Episode.

1 Like

Yeah I see where youā€™re coming from tbh, I wish there were more recognised comedies or mysteries. I love those!

1 Like

I live for revenge stories! Filled with real drama, of course.

1 Like

Ah yes definitely!! :raised_hands:

Yeah, I love them.

1 Like

Some people donā€™t know the difference glamourizing certain things and Diversity:

2 Likes