First Realistic art I’ve done

Start out with a sketch of face, lay down solid pieces of color shades. And do the shading blurring last.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you! I’m currently getting the correct outlines for where I want the features to go.

1 Like

This is so gorgeous! I remember you saying something about drawing an art scene in class. Do you take art classes or are you a self taught artist? :nerd_face:

1 Like

Self taught. I sort have art genes because before my parents met they were freelancer but lost their touch with art after they had kids and got jobs!

1 Like

I would recommend using a reference. Maybe use a selfie of yourself or actress/model

1 Like

That’s cool! I’m currently trying to learn the anatomy part of art from videos with traditional pencil and paper. Another question, do you use a drawing tablet with stylus or your fingers?

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m using a selfie of myself and doing it in a semi-realistic style :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here are some examples on how I do the blending!

1: place down solid shadow colors like such:

2: use a blending brush and blend the solid colors and it should look like this. Also, be careful with the blending brush. It can get messy!

5 Likes

3: after shading add features and work you way down the neck!

2 Likes

I use my iPhone/fingers.
The app I use allows me to zoom in super close so I can be precise even with my chubby fingers!
It’s call sketchbook.

3 Likes

4: start adding details and hair!

3 Likes

5: touch it up!

5 Likes

This is super helpful!

2 Likes

These are amazing!!!

If anyone is available to do me a real art scene, I’d be so grateful! Full credit given of course :heart:

2 Likes