First story expierience (+promote your story)

Recently released my first story and I think it’s going well?
I’ve heard so many stories about the different outcomes of releasing your first story and I’m genuinely curious about how the experience was or is for other authors.

I’d love to hear about your first stories!

If you want to know more about mine:

My story

Here’s my story:
Title: Squad:Roadtrip
Genre: Horror
Style: Limelight
IG username: may.i.writeepisode

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6321977372639232
Description:
This was supposed to be a short road trip into the woods with your old high school squad, but the place wants you to stay and uncover ALL it’s gory secrets.

Some features:

• LGBTQ+
  • 6 LI’s (male & female)
  • choose your sexuality
  • point system
  • Very important choices!
  • CC

Cover:

Some screenshots

My experience so far

Released my story the 27th of July,as a contest entry, and it’s currently nr.4 on trending community horror with 700 reads. I was so nervous about releasing it, but it was definitely worth it.

4 Likes

I’m writing mine on another platform anonymously but it’s just an amazing experience seeing people’s interest and excitement for your story.

4 Likes

So, i posted recently although I have been in the community for over 5 years and i started to write a story since ive always wanted too, people don’t read classic but i got 39 reads in 3 days and 52 in 4 so thats made me incredibly happy considering its my first published story :white_heart:

1 Like

i wrote my first story in like 2015 using the mobile creator and it was awful but it somehow got 200 reads :sneezing_face:

1 Like

Mind if I ask why classic? It’s a style authors rarely use these days and im really curious? :thinking::yellow_heart:

haha i know, like i said ive been apart of the community for over 5 years and ive always loved and stuck with that style and it is a style that i will always love. since i grew up with it

1 Like

Bump!

My first story is “Rewinded Life”, I started writing it on April 2018 and finished it on February 2019.

:cold_sweat: I’m not gonna lie, my story used to be a disaster: basic directing, the plot was confusing, it was full of grammatical errors (I had more than five proofreaders, I’m not kidding), not to mention that my dialogues were robotic and choppy. :laughing: As time went by, I learned advanced directing and improved my stories.

:flushed: A year later, I got an email from Episode saying that they were thinking of featuring “Rewinded Life”. :dizzy_face: I was shaking of excitement, three days later my story was featured on the January Editor’s Picks Shelf 2020! :sob: And four months later, Episode featured my second story (Benio) on the Uplifting Shelf 2020.

My stories

:blue_heart: :heart: :blue_heart: :heart: :blue_heart: :heart::blue_heart: :heart: :blue_heart: :heart: :blue_heart:

:gem: Reborn Gem :gem:
:gem: Epy Donut Gem :gem:
:gem: Epy Donut Awards 2020 Best Romance Winner :gem:
:gem: Episode Summer Awards 2020 Best Romance Winner :gem:
:gem: Priyanka Approves 2020 Mushy - Chemistry Winner :gem:

Story: Thank You, Next!

Author: Lia Lopez.

Description:
Having dumped her ex’s butt, Mevlyn starts to struggle with her trust issues. But what happens when she finds out that her best friend, the fake bad boy, is madly in love with her?

Genres:
Drama, comedy, romance.

Current chapters: 11 - Ongoing.

My Instagram: lia_lopez_episode

Link:
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5568861420716032

:purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

:trophy: January Editor’s Pick 2020 :trophy:
:gem: Epy Donut Awards 2020 Best Fantasy Winner :gem:
:gem: Episode Summer Awards 2020 Best Fantasy Winner :gem:
:gem: Priyanka Approves 2020 Feel Good Vibes Winner :gem:

Story: Rewinded Life

Description:
Megan is a girl whose soul has split in two due to all she’s lived through. Will she use her stellar key to change her life? Or will she continue to live in the midst of odd stuff?

Genres:
Fantasy, comedy, romance and slice of life.

Current chapters: 12 - COMPLETE.

Link:
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6015329908424704

:green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart:

:trophy: Uplifting Shelf 2020 :trophy:
:gem: Epy Donut Gem 2020 :gem:
:gem: Priyanka Approves 2020 Comedy Winner :gem:
:gem: Epy Donut Awards 2020 Best Comedy Winner :gem:
:gem: Episode Summer Awards 2020 Best Comedy Winner :gem:

Story: Benio

Current chapters: 9 - COMPLETE.

Genres: Comedy, romance.

Description:
What would happen if you ship a joyful, energetic, loud girl with a quiet, gentle guy who is willing to play along with her? Join Benio Castillo’s life to find out! (CC)

Link:
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5266560910426112

:green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::green_heart:
:gem: Epy Donut Awards 2020 Best Comedy Winner :gem:
:gem: HA Awards 2020 Best Comedy Winner :gem:

Story: The Lame Life of an Episodian

Current chapters: 20 - COMPLETE.

Genres: Comedy, romance.

Description:
Raydan’s greatest dream is bringing her stories to life, but what happens when her crush from three years ago crosses her path once again? (CC)

Link:
http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4552395157733376

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussing specific stories. @May.I.Write please keep all promotion of your story within your story promotion thread: PROMOTING MY SQUAD STORY! (promote yours too). Discussion threads are not appropriate for story promotion.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink: