[FIXED in v14.60] Bold and Italicized Text Effects broken on Android after March 30th version 14.42 release

It’s absurd. I’m getting furious at this point. They clearly don’t think it’s important enough to make a priority even though readers don’t get the same experience as the author intended them to have with the effects. And the constant bold issue is even worse!

I know this shouldn’t be taking this long to fix. Where I work the devs can fix an app text formatting issue like this in a week max. It’s been a month so if in the next update it is not fixed, I’m calling it that they’re clearly ignoring it until they have time which is freaking irritating. Sure, they get a lot of fixes and bundle them all together for a release so it’s not a waste of a fix with only 1 issue since it costs money every time they put a release on the stores, but that means the next update should have it and if it doesn’t… I swear to God… bad review on the play store here I come!

2 Likes

1 star review on Yelp here we come!

2 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Not for me. When it updates, I just delete the app and install it again so I don’t have to actually update it and it still saves my progress from before. So I suggest you do that on the next update

2 Likes

Did you mean to reply to me or someone else? Just checking.

1 Like

I meant to reply to you :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Are you saying you don’t have this text effects issue?

2 Likes

Yes… Just trying to help :ok_hand:

1 Like

And you have an Android device? This is baffling to me lol

2 Likes

Not all glitches happen to everyone. I guess It just depends on how episode did it.

2 Likes

I get the bold text in every other story

3 Likes

OOOOOH, so it really is an Episode glitch. I thought it was something with my story. Both my proofreader and I have Android devices, so that explains it. In my case, though, it looks… spaced? I don’t know, it’s just horrible. I hope they fix it.

4 Likes

Yes it’s incredibly impactful. Waiting for them to fix it has felt like watching water boil.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you :blush:

3 Likes

More like paint drying on a wall.

2 Likes

Ticket sent. It’s really an issue they should fix.

2 Likes

I just updated the android app so I’ll see if it’s still doing it

1 Like

I just checked. It has been fixed!! I could cry guys. I really might cry. :pleading_face:

Proof lol

1 Like

That’s great!
@MrsJennifer is it fixed for you?

1 Like

Yes it is I was sooooo happy :blush::relaxed:

1 Like