Flash forwards scene, I need advice :|

So I’m working on a flash forward scene, it happens right at the beginning of my story.

Now that I’ve actually been starting to put it in the writers portal… it’s getting a bit long. I’ve been getting rid of unnecessary scenes but its till seems long. Right now I have 3, about to be 4, scenes - for the flash forward.

I’ve been making it dialogue, not just narrations.

Help! How long would you like a flash forward to last? I have 400 lines at the moment by the way.

3 Likes

I’d like a flash forward scene to last maybe 15-25 minutes but I wouldn’t mind if it was longer

2 Likes

It all depends. Does your flash-forward scene then revert back to the current time line of the story, during the same Episode?!

Or is the entirety of Episode One focused solely on the flash-forward scene?!

1 Like

It will revert back to the start, when the MC and LI meet, not the exact moment though, then it’ll just introduce the main characters.

I think to even it out if you’re going to jump back to the current time line it should be 2-3 minutes maybe

1 Like

Given this information, I’d say no longer than 3-4 minutes of reading time. I mean, you can always flash-forwards again later on in the story… as often as necessary, really! :blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :relaxed:

1 Like

if course!:heartpulse:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.