Fleetwood Mac feels

Hey, so I was reading “My Alien Lover” on episode and she wrote about Zee listening to Fleetwood Mac and I started listening to it and I wanna say I love them. They are great!

Does anyone else love them??

:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sweet summer child. Check rock music of the 70s-90s, there’s a lot of good stuff

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll check it out. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I flipped out. It wasn’t just Fleetwood Mac, it was PETER GREEN Fleetwood Mac! Also, I had named the MC Stevie Nicks, so there’s that, lol. :joy:

Fleetwood Mac is SO important to me. Their music, from Peter Green era to now, speaks to me on so many levels. I feel all of it deeply. Its been my favorite band since my mom bought their concert album, the Dance, back in…I want to say 1997. But its also a big thing that connects me and my mom. We sang to their songs together a lot. Now that my mom has passed, they mean even more to me.

I’m actually seeing them live in a few days! I’m so excited. Its my big birthday gift to me. I’ve never seen them live before (I was supposed to, but then my mom got sick, long story), but I did see Stevie (my first concert, she was incredible)! I’m also reading a biography on Stevie right now, its so good.

Anyway, welcome to loving Fleetwood Mac! If you want to know any of the history, or need song recommendations (the band is like 50 years old, there are a lot of songs to get through!), let me know!

3 Likes

Thanks I’ll have to take you up on that!

I hope you have a great time at their concert!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

You should watch American Horror Story - Coven, it has a lot of songs by them and even staring Stevie Nicks herself. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Never heard, but reminds me of Daddy Mac if anyone knows who that is

1 Like

Ok I’ll watch that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fleetwood Mac are awesome as far as I’m concerned, there’s also a nice cover of Go Your Own Way that I heard

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2uKUPhOx0w

1 Like

Thanks I’ll check it out! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
My Favorites

Albatross (also Peter Green Fleetwood Mac)
The Chain
So Afraid
Silver Springs (cool note, Stevie Nicks gifted this song to her mother, so all the money earned from it was given to her mother)
Temporary One
Bleed To Love Her
Dreams
Everywhere
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
Rhiannon

If you only listen to three of them, make it The Chain, Rhiannon, and Go Your Own Way.

@Cheyara_Skadi that’s one of my all time favorite covers! She did such an incredible job with the song.

More Covers

Dreams by Dana Williams and Leighton Meester
Silver Springs by Lykke Li
The Chain by Taking Dawn
Go Your Own Way by the Cranberries
Everywhere by Paramore

Also, heads up: I adore AHS: Coven, especially the character of Misty Daye, and of course Stevie Nicks, but in case you haven’t heard of it, it’s not for sensitive or young viewers. It’s a very intense, sometimes gory horror.

2 Likes

You guys, this topic :sob: :sob: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

Here’s a little spoiler and back story for all you Fleetwood Mac lovers…
I specifically chose this song to be “their” song, the song that MC plays to Zee, and the album that still connects her to her now distant father. I wanted something vintage / blues sounding, but with a special atmosphere, that would just describe their love perfectly.

The song is also important, because (spoiler) of the spin-off / sequel I plan to write after My alien lover. The sequel will be about another alien, set in the future. Finding the song and listening to it will be a pivotal moment for her, because it will help her discover a lost part of her humanity.
Yes, I plan my stories that far in advance :see_no_evil:

@Gwen-Bruce this is so incredible, because my parents loved Fleetwood Mac, and since my mother has also passed, it holds a special meaning in my heart :heart:
Hope you enjoy the concert! :heart:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

And I can’t wait to read the second story :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.