Flesh Out Your Characters

Yes. She’s called Nita, by her family members. None of her followers (except for that one person who was awakened) call her that. “Nita” comes from her full name. Her father called her this, as well as her husband.

You Know Who!

1 Like

Does your character have any nicknames old or new? How did they get these nicknames and who calls them these nicknames? Is there anyone not allowed to address them by their nickname?

Not yet mainly because the character is named by the reader but I plan to give her a nickname in the future, don’t know what yet.

Character

1 Like

Does your character have any nicknames old or new? How did they get these nicknames and who calls them these nicknames? Is there anyone not allowed to address them by their nickname?

Raziel

Raziel

Friends have been known to refer to him as Raz as a shortened version of his name and he’s fine with it, aside from questioning whether it’s necessary to shorten something that’s only three syllables in the first place. His brother used to teasingly call him a noodle after a light shove led to Raziel falling through a window (ground-floor, most of the glass was already gone, with only mild injury resulting from it). Only his brother calls/called him this.

Serena

Serena

She’s been called many nicknames in her life, most of them insulting and not for an all-ages audience. None of them have stuck though, and she’s never cared what people called her.

1 Like

Wonderful lesson for everyone to learn and practice! ^^

Leah Moore

No, I don’t have friends and my parents only call me Leah. Although now that arrived at academy, that may change…

1 Like

Do(es) your character(s) follow a religion? How much do their beliefs matter to them? If your character is in a fantasy world, what greater beings might the people of the U believe, even if your character(s) don’t? How do these beliefs (or lack of beliefs) affect how they behave and treat other characters?

Tags

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale

2 Likes

Do(es) your character(s) follow a religion? How much do their beliefs matter to them? If your character is in a fantasy world, what greater beings might the people of the U believe, even if your character(s) don’t? How do these beliefs (or lack of beliefs) affect how they behave and treat other characters?

My characters believe in a single god, so they’re monotheistic. However, Venetia does not.

Katarina Burton

Despite it being a world with supernatural creatures, religions are the same as IRL. She’s somewhat like agnostic, but at the same time she doesn’t really care about religion, or think about it, at least for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Raziel

Raziel

He was raised Syriac Catholic. Even though it’s a major part of his culture, his own involvement faded over time as it became less and less important to him. At this point, he isn’t really sure what he believes. When he was a teenager, his religion did cause some internal conflict, especially regarding internalized homophobia and fear of rejection. Even though both of his parents had been activists in their home country and supported fully decriminalizing homosexuality, it had been purely as a matter of personal liberty, so he still wasn’t sure how his mother would react. Plus he’d heard plenty of hateful things from people outside of his family that fed into his fear. It turned out alright once he did come out, but by that point his fear had turned into damaging self-hatred anyway. On the more positive side of things, he’s taken the ideas of charitable behavior and otherwise helping others to heart, and those principles have stuck with him even after he’s distanced himself from religion. His separation from his childhood religion has led him to feel even more disconnected from his culture and family than before.

Serena

Serena

Religion isn’t very common in her world anymore, though there are small groups who have stuck to the old religions (the same ones the real world has now) and some people who have formed or joined cults, with a variety of theistic beliefs in addition to the expected focus on the cult leaders. People also observe a wide variety of superstitions, both old and new, though they aren’t organized into anything that truly resembles religion. She isn’t part of any religion or cult and is solidly atheist. Philosophically speaking, she tends to stick with secular humanism.

Any of these “new” superstitions in mind?? O.O Very interested in superstitions X’DD

A lot of them are copouts from explaining science and technology to young children, since encouraging magical thinking is just easier, though some are beliefs that people continue to hold as adults that have genuine impacts on their lives. For context: most of humanity lives in domed cities since, aside from small regions, most of the world is otherwise uninhabitable.

Sometimes there will be a glitch in the atmospheric controls of the city and the actual sun will appear next to the artificial version. Two suns are believed by some to be a sign that the city will enter an era of financial prosperity (for an isolated city, it’s got a solid economy, so that’s a given anyway).

Unseasonably warm weather is sometimes believed to be a sign of anger from the city’s original founder, who died shortly after the city was completed. In reality, it’s just a bug in the coding.

Some people believe that if you visit the wastelands outside of the city the night before your first day of school or a new job, you’ll be more likely to succeed. This has gone from a superstition to a hazing ritual in some college fraternities in recent years, with the added component of getting drunk in the wastelands. Depending on whether the specific frat allows for protective equipment, this can sometimes be a lethal hazing ritual, if not for you then definitely for your future children, assuming you can still have any by the end of that night.

One that originated from before people realized that radiation from outside of the domed cities was making its way inside (though in small amounts that weren’t immediately fatal) was that children being born with certain birth defects were an omen of misfortune. Although most people have let go of that belief since the real problem was discovered and fixed, the fact that some still hold onto it personally affected Serena’s family, since she was born with a partially defective nervous system and was paralyzed from the waist down and had a limited sense of touch for most of her life (she can walk and feel things now thanks to modern medicine, but if she were to stop taking her medication or something went wrong with the nanomachines in her body, those improvements wouldn’t stick). Most people left her alone, but kids can be cruel and more superstitious than adults.

2 Likes

Wow. These are awesome. You’re very creative and detailed! <3 <3

Question 3

Most people have shortened Hannah to “Han”
Celeste calls her “Hun” though, but Celeste calls everyone hun…
Originally I really was going to nickname her fish, because her sport was supposed to be swimming, but LL didn’t have swim animations and I knew I wanted to have a couple episode that involved her sport and couldn’t wait for swim animations.
And as I’m writing this I’m just realising why the heck haven’t I ever had anyone call her Hannah Banana???

Question 4

Ok, I’ve honestly never thought about it (hence why I chose this character, because I feel like I don’t care about her enough), but now… I feel like she was definitely raised as a christian and to believe god existed, but never actually went to church and then as she got into her teenage years and learnt about other religions and society, she became an atheist somewhere along the way.

Pic for reference

Hannah from One of the Girls
Hann

1 Like

My sister’s second daughter is Hannah, and she calls her this ^^’

Is she like a hard atheist or does she kinda just not care about religion?

2 Likes

The latter. Not the type to start ranting about it to every man and his dog

2 Likes

Every bloke and his kelpie X’D

2 Likes

What item is always in your character’s food storage; an item that they cannot ever be without?

******If I keep tagging you and you don’t want to participate anymore after seeing what it’s about, that’s fine! Just let me know so I don’t keep tagging you, lol >.> I don’t want to annoy ya’ll <3 <3 <3

Tags

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale

4 Likes
Venetia Tremaine

She cannot live without plantains. She is addicted to them! You’ll see them on the center table in her living room, with a bowl of peanuts in the middle. She never runs out of them. Venetia loves her plantains! (I wonder why I chose the villain of the story… :joy:)

1 Like
Pic

Hann

Hannah’s the #sporty-one so of course there’s always fruit and veggies and protein bars in their kitchen. But she has a soft spot sugary breakfast cereals. Especially Lucky Charms ← that’s what she could never be without

1 Like

Hey! We all have stuff! X’DDD

1 Like