Flesh Out Your Characters

Tell about a memory from childhood your character clings to. It doesn’t have to be a happy memory, but one that they seem to always remember or think about.
Why do(es) your character(s) cling to it so much?

She clings to the memory of the Christmas she had when she was 7. Back then everyone in the family was happy with each other and everyone came together to spend a day together. I’m talking grandparents, parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. There was a large buffet of food. They played heaps of games. There were many gifts.
She clings to memory because it was the one time she found her whole family happy together.

Character

1 Like

I’m going to look at this thread to flesh out all my story’s characters (other than the background ones). Then I’ll have two or ten readers.

1 Like

Alright, awesome! Want me to start tagging you in all the posts? <3

Sure.

1 Like

I can’t show pictures though because I need to get my account turned back on, which won’t happen for at least another five months.

1 Like

:thinking: I don’t get it, but that’s fine. Can you give a description or deets? I could make them for you on my portal?

It was a school account that I used for writing and the school turned it off, I’m at a different school right now but next year I’ll go to that one with the account and I think they will turn it back on.
And I wasn’t meaning to show pictures of them anyway though, just make the personality for now. I haven’t made all of their faces yet.

1 Like

Alright, heard. In the meantime, though, you would like to give me a description so I can create them for you so anyone reading can have a visual while you participate? You can PM me and we can figure it all out if you want. ^^

No I don’t want to PM people, I don’t know how anyway. I mean I should but I never tried so I don’t.

That sentence makes no sense now.

I found out what the pming thing is I thought it was with emails for some reason.

Do(es) your character(s) have any health problems physical and/or mental? What do(es) your character(s) have to do to get treated if they’re getting treatment at all? How do(es) your character(s) deal with these problems?

******If I keep tagging you and you don’t want to participate anymore after seeing what it’s about, that’s fine! Just let me know so I don’t keep tagging you, lol >.> I don’t want to annoy ya’ll <3 <3 <3

Tags

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale
@Mimibrix
@ViviOfficially
@MKiara
@Chocolate_Mama
@Greebabubba

4 Likes

Do(es) your character(s) have any health problems physical and/or mental? What do(es) your character(s) have to do to get treated if they’re getting treatment at all? How do(es) your character(s) deal with these problems?

Not currently, she is in good health. However, considering the big responsibility she is taking on and the circumstances she is facing, she understandably with adapt mental health problems in the future, along with other characters.

Character

1 Like

I’m going to send you an annoying fanmail and put: wHeN wIlL yOu UpDaTe?!?!

1 Like

I’m planning for this friday or americas Thursday I guess… Sorry heaps have been going on recently, needed a mental health break.

1 Like

Nah, nah, nah, I get it I was just teasing ^^ Take your time! Lovely art and storytelling takes time <3

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

I understand LOL, night night! <3 <3

1 Like

Tell about a memory from childhood your character clings to. It doesn’t have to be a happy memory, but one that they seem to always remember or think about. Why do(es) your character(s) cling to it so much?

Raziel

Raziel

He vividly remembers the night he left his home country. He and his brother were still young at the time (eight years old), and it had been a difficult decision for both of his parents. His father had insisted that he needed to stay, but would meet with the rest of his family later (but would never end up doing so, for reasons still unknown to Raziel), and his mother was torn between not wanting to leave him there alone and not wanting to keep their children in danger. At the time, nobody had explained the details of the situation to Raziel (both were activists and Assyrian, which gave them two reasons to be some of the first scapegoats when the threat of attacks from western countries began), so he mostly remembers the confusion of everything. It’s still such a vivid memory due to being both the first time he’d see his parents fight and the last time he’d see his father. He still sometimes hopes the promise of reuniting the family will come true, but also suspects that his father may not be alive anymore.

Serena

Serena

She’ll never forget when she met her first girlfriend. It was somewhat of a generic high school romance sort of deal; they hadn’t met before, but they were partners for a class project. She doesn’t remember anything about the project itself, but she vividly remembers Lilla’s smile and talking for hours about everything but the project, until they pulled together something passable at the last minute. It’s significant to her because, previous to their meeting, she’d never met someone who she’d been able to see herself in a romantic relationship, but she’s been a hopeless romantic ever since.

Do(es) your character(s) have any health problems, physical and/or mental? What do(es) your character(s) have to do to get treated if they’re getting treatment at all? How do(es) your character(s) deal with these problems?

Raziel
He has borderline personality disorder, but has been getting help for it. It took him a while to find adequate treatment since, despite having been hospitalized multiple times (almost always following a suicide attempt), due to having previously been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder. The misdiagnosis (and subsequent trouble getting help) is partially because his actual disorder is heavily stigmatized, as well as considered rare among men (though lower diagnosis rates are due largely to men being discouraged from seeking help in the first place), but also because good therapists in general are hard to find. He’s been dealing with it relatively well, as far as increased self-awareness, managing his own symptoms, and setting and accepting interpersonal boundaries is concerned, but he has yet to accept that his symptoms aren’t going to go away entirely.

Serena
She’s healthy aside from the paralysis/neurological disorder she was born with. That’s being treated with nanomachines, as well as a medication that helps maintain them and regular checkups to make sure they’re still working properly. She doesn’t work out as often as her physical therapist recommends though, so she’s still more physically frail than the average person. Still, she’s living a full life despite her medical condition giving her occasional trouble.

1 Like

Dean's Response

If getting migraines from living with my best friend, Male Mc, count as a mental health problem then Yes I do. But no lol, in all seriousness I really don’t at the moment. Perhaps in the future I will because I’m laying low from the authorities for my past actions and helping Male MC hide from the public eye because there is a 4 Million dollars reward for his head. It’s really hard to live with and hide someone who’s basically a money bag with legs! Not only that but Male MC can be really annoying sometimes :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Venetia has depression and insomnia. She is not getting treatment but eventually, Joseph becomes her therapist. He talks to her as she manipulates him more. But he’s also helping her. Sometimes she drinks potions to keep herself in check. She also tries talking to her husband about it as well.

Venetia Tremaine

1 Like

Oh wow, paralysis. Where is she paralyzed?