Flesh Out Your Characters

It’s still in the developing stage, but I’m just polishing and adding some stuff that just seem fitting for the story, it’s a long process :sweat_smile::exploding_head:

1 Like

No problem!! Seems lovely <3 <3 I’ll add you to the tags every post so you don’t have to catch up anymore ^^

Unless, you just do what Caliope does and wait until I post 100 more questions before you answer them lol

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Bump :heart:

1 Like

I’m going to do a post before I go to bed when I get home today ^^

1 Like

I’m super late, but oh well

Here are two of my characters:

Adrian (23) he’s not a vampire
Fantasy world called Crorrola
loves folk music

Jay (19)
Modern World
had a special bond with her brother

Questions

Has your character(s) participated in family or cultural traditions? Do they participate regularly or did they discontinue the tradition(s) and if so, why?

Adrian participates in the monthly Qufavar ritual, a ritual dedicated to thanking the God/Goddess he’s worshipping (in his case, Moltuna, Goddess of the night)

Jay hasn’t participated in family/cultural traditions since her brother passed away

What does your character do annually for New Years if anything at all? Was there any year that was especially memorable?

In Adrian’s case, one particular New Year’s party (called Stennioque in Crorrola) was especially memorable, mostly because it was spent with his whole family

For Jay, probably the New Year’s party from when she was 16 because it was the last party she went to with her brother

Does your character have any nicknames old or new? How did they get these nicknames and who calls them these nicknames? Is there anyone not allowed to address them by their nickname?

Adrian’s mum calls him sugar puff (because she just loves embarrassing him). He only allows two people to call him that

Jay’s friends and family used to call her baby bird because of her name and tiny frame. She doesn’t allow anyone to call her that anymore

Do(es) your character(s) follow a religion? How much do their beliefs matter to them? If your character is in a fantasy world, what greater beings might the people of the U believe, even if your character(s) don’t? How do these beliefs (or lack of beliefs) affect how they behave and treat other characters?

Adrian worships the 5th Goddess, Moltuna, his belief doesn’t affect the way he behaves.
In Crorrola, every person chooses which one of the 10 Gods/Goddesses they want to worship once they turn 15, or if they also have the choice to not worship any of them. The choice is by law a personal one and no one is allowed to complain about/try to change one’s decision regarding their belief

The ten Gods and Goddesses (for anyone who wants to know them):

Gods:

• Ootz, God Of Work
  • Khusher, God Of Medicine
  • Oldir, God Of Chivalry
  • Idis, God Of Judgement
  • Duarus, God Of Order

Goddesses:

• Qroraura, Goddess Of Secrecy
  • Zizraura, Goddess Of Law
  • Raxotz, Goddess Of Beauty
  • Phiva, Goddess Of Travel
  • Moltuna, Goddess Of Night

Jay is an atheist, she doesn’t like to brag about it, but if someone (usually her parents) tries to shove their religion down her throat, she will bite back at them

What item is always in your character’s food storage; an item that they cannot ever be without?

For Adrian, his favourite food, Infernal Vanilla Genoise

As for Jay, probably milk toffees

Consider what your characters’ goal(s) is/are. What all motivates them to reach their goals?

Adrian’s goal is finding a way to unite Crorrola and Lacroumor (Earth in Crorrolan)

Jay’s goal is escaping her past. She’s slowly but steadily letting go of it and starting to live in the present

What makes your character most vulnerable? Tell about a time they couldn’t hide, and their vulnerability was exposed.

Adrian’s caring nature sometimes becomes a weakness. For example, in battles, his care for his comrades distracts him, making him vulnerable

Jay’s weakness is her anxiousness. In many cases when she had important tasks to do, just the fear of not getting them done correctly causes her to panic and lose control of herself

What is something that your character(s) wants to care about; something your character tries to care about, but can’t bring themsel(f)(ves) to care about?

For Adrian it’s the loss of most of his friends. While he wanted to feel like he needed them and cared for them, he couldn’t bring himself to mind it when they betrayed him

And for Jay, it’s her parents. As much as she tries to, she cannot bring herself to care about them, after one awful mistake they made

Tell about a memory from childhood your character clings to. It doesn’t have to be a happy memory, but one that they seem to always remember or think about.

One of Adrian’s most beautiful memories is the the time he snuck into the royal gardens to collect herbs for his sick mother. When he found out they worked and saw his mum’s smile he promised himself to try his hardest and make his mum smile that way as often as he could

A memory of Jay’s that’s still hunting her is her brother’s death

Do(es) your character(s) have any health problems physical and/or mental? What do(es) your character(s) have to do to get treated if they’re getting treatment at all? How do(es) your character(s) deal with these problems?

Jay has anxiety and she used to suffer from anorexia

What kind of body type/build does your character have? What is something your character(s) do(es) to stay fit if they do anything at all? Or is this even something they care about?

Adrian is a fit guy. He fights and trains a lot

Jay is pretty skinny (due to her past anorexia)

How well do(es) your character(s) defend themself(ves) in a fight if they’ve ever been in one. How often do they get in actual fights if ever?

Although he’s a good fighter, Adrian prefers settling down an argument verbally

Jay mostly stays out of fights and tries to avoid conflicts

Do(es) your character(s) have any guilty pleasures? Anything they hate to love or something they somewhat feel ashamed for liking? Anything along those lines? Don’t be shy ^^

Adrian secretly loves hugs, which he’s usually ashamed of admitting

Jay has a habit (which she considers bad) of staying up till late watching a movie she’s seen multiple times. Also, she hates strawberries

What season is your character(s) favorite? What is their favorite weather? Why do they prefer this weather/season over others?

Adrian likes foggy weather because it helps him hide easier. His favourite season is winter

Jay likes rainy weather because for her, the rain feels relieving. Her favourite season is autumn

:hugs:

1 Like

Awesome!! I’m about to post the next qustion rightnow! <3

1 Like

Yay :hugs:

Also, can you please tag me in the next posts? :slightly_smiling_face:

Naturally! <3

1 Like

What season is your character(s) favorite? What is their favorite weather? Why do they prefer this weather/season over others?

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale
@Mimibrix
@ViviOfficially
@MKiara
@Chocolate_Mama
@Greebabubba
@K.F
@Art3Miss
@irishpotato
@Secreterz
@Random.Tomboy

5 Likes

X’D

I almost didn’t see that you edited your original response to the 14th question ^^’ good thing I just read it all. Anyways, I really LOVE the idea of Adrian’s story and world! Like… >.>

Wow. Just my cup of tea right there. Polytheistic cultures (made up shit especially) are SO cool to me ^^

Are there any identifying marks given to someone who might start their worship of their chosen god(dess)? Like for example, the Dalish are given Vallaslin tattoos on their face…? Kinda deaL?

1 Like

Venetia has always loved the rain and storms. She likes winter. She loves the rain because it comforts her, and it makes her feel like a good person. It’s also great for reading up spells, making potions and helping her concentrate whenever it comes to (trying to) destroy certain people.

Venetia Tremaine

1 Like

Question 14

Katrina

Katrina loves Spring. She hates anything that reminds her of her slave life, hot weather (summer) is what the South was always like. She has never experienced true Winter and her only view of Autumn is that the plants start to change, preparing for death. It is depressing for her when she lives in an already depressing life. Spring is her favourite because that’s when the flowers come back and bring little beauty in her sad life. It’s a reminder that life goes on.

Naomi

Naomi, unlike Katrina, has a love for summer. It’s when she can look over the kingdom she earned. She sees Summer as a gift, like it’s presenting her the true beauty of her kingdom. She dislikes Winter mainly because everything looks dull and she feels like it’s a disgrace for her kingdom to look like that. To her, Spring and Autumn are boring, either preparing for Winter or a downgrade from Summer.
Naomi

1 Like

It’s not a must, but every God/Goddess has a different sign and it’s up to the worshipper if they do or don’t want to have it tattooed. Here’s a list if you’re curious about them

Gods:

Ootz, God Of Work

sign: dagger

tattoos his worshippers can get:

men:

women:

Khusher, God Of Medicine

sign: roses

men:

women:

Oldir, God Of Chivalry

sign: heart on fire

men:

women:

Idis, God Of Judgement

sign: black pattern

men:

women:

Duarus, God Of Order

sign: skull (usually 2) together with roses

men:

women:

[/details]

Goddesses:

Qroraura, Goddess Of Secrecy

sign: eagle

tattoos her worshippers can get

men

women

Zizraura, Goddess Of Law

sign: skull and stars

tattoos her worshippers can get:

men

women

Raxotz, Goddess Of Beauty

sign: snake

men

women

Phiva, Goddess Of Travel

sign: birds in flight

men:

women:

Moltuna, Goddess Of Night

sign: dagger and heart

men

women

:nerd_face:

1 Like
Hugh

Hugh’s favorite season is winter, because that is the time where him and his air headed friends go skiing and because watching T.V becomes popular, Hugh gains money and fame. He finds spring as a dangerous season because he’s allergic to pollen, he finds fall and summer boring because he can’t do anything productive to do outside his work so mostly he stays indoors during this time.

1 Like

It’s actually the decision of the reader, so I have no real answer.

Character

1 Like

Awesome :drooling_face:

1 Like

Rachelle definitely likes Summer or Autumn as she likes the weather and how it depends on the environment she’s around. In Summer, she normally likes the adventurous side of her and how it’s pretty much the end of her school year. In Autumn, she likes the somewhat coldness of it and how leaves would look pretty. But for both, she just likes to try out new fashion and experiment with it like she usually does

Rachelle

1 Like
Dean

I never thought of what’s my favorite season, cause I don’t normally pay attention to the environment anymore. When you are hiding and helping a bounty target, you must always stay alert and sleep with one eye open than just chill and admire mother nature. But I guess I can say my favorite season would be the fall, since it won’t be too hot or too cold. Unlike spring, fall won’t trigger my allergies :upside_down_face::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

OH…the fall. I see. He’s one of them that get on the Google machine to do all his researching for the information. X’DDD I love putting ‘the’ in front of things you wouldn’t usually do. Sounds funny and always makes me laugh X’DDDD Such joy.

1 Like