Flesh Out Your Characters

I have an unusual accent, so I personally pronounce it the first way.

1 Like

I would have to say Dwight is one of my favorites. He was adopted by a completely different culture and still he keeps his identity of being a young black male as well as trying to keep a level head when encountering harsh situations.

I also really love my other MC Camille. She’s so strong, caring selfless and ambitious! Even though she’s going through so much hardship she doesn’t give up hope that her and her younger brother will prevail and make a better life for themselves.

6 Likes

I’m gonna do the characters from a story I’m currently working on called descended - under cuts for the sake of those scrolling!

Zane

33%20AM
Name: Zane Bengal
World: Modern/Underworld (“Hell”)
Other Info: 21. Part of a super prominent family. Can’t not be sarcastic. Plays a mean guitar; he’s had a few bands over the years but has no luck keeping them together. Also, he’s an overly emotional crybaby. All and all, acts 2cool4u but is a sweetheart.

Ziva

39%20AM
Name: Ziva Bengal
Other Info: 21. Twin sister to Zane. Potty mouth for the ages. Seems refined, but is pretty laid back. Has an encyclopedic knowledge of animals, history, and culinary arts. Looks like she can kill you… which granted, she probably could, but she’s only ever mean to people who are mean to her first.

Summer

19%20AM
Name: Summer Sinclair
World: Modern/Ether (“Heaven”)
Other Info: 20. Mom’s a major performer upstairs; their family is a household name in the afterlife. Bakes the best damn snickerdoodles you’ve ever tasted. Polite to an almost absurd degree. Definitely the mom friend of everyone she knows.

Amber

20%20AM
Name: Amber Bird
Other Info: 18. Her dad is a major business associate of the Gods and Goddesses. On every social media platform you can think of. Major health food freak; everything she drinks is green. Loves pop music and can sing along to every song on the radio. She’s also always in the know; she kind of lives for drama and gossip.

Harley

41%20AM
Name: Harley Harlow
Other Info: 19. His parents are some of the best lawyers ever seen in either realm. Biggest goofball going. Loves watching old movies and TV shows (his favorite being MST3K); his DVD collection is impressive. Kind of a nerdy type, but he’s not at all shy or insecure. Can mainly be seen driving around in his convertible blasting alt rock.

Julian

49%20AM
Name: Julian Elias
Other Info: 20. His dad is Naberius - aka Cerberus. Naturally, he’s got your typical “bad boy” thing going on. Used to be in a band with Zane when hey were in high school; he’s a great singer. Causes trouble wherever he goes. Really flirty, but doesn’t really date… he’s honestly waiting for the right girl to come along.

4 Likes

AHHHHH MY FAVE BRAIN CHILDREN OF URSSSSs

2 Likes
Hannah from One of the Girls

Hannah
Modern World
Hann

Been thinking about this since this morning - couldn’t decide who to pick… Eventually bit the bullet because Hannah is my most underdeveloped character so I need this. Thanks @NelidaU for this idea :smile:

6 Likes

Off topic, sorry @NelidaU! :flushed::kissing_heart::wink:

Why those emojis? I don’t know, 'cause I can. :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

I know, babe, me too. :kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes::kissing_closed_eyes:
When I was writing them down, an idea actually came to me… An SG where people could actually submit their most loved characters to be developed more in another story. :wink:

2 Likes

Okay, now this looks like fun! I have too many characters, but I guess I’ll stick with two main ones for now.

Raziel
Modern world
Being fluent in three different languages just means he’ll make terrible jokes in all of them.
Raziel

Serena
Futuristic/cyberpunk
She’s kind of a historian if you don’t count being terrified to publish her masters’ thesis and getting kicked out of her PhD program as disqualifying her from claiming that title.
Serena

4 Likes
Summary

OIII MOI GOODNESSSSSS YASSSSS!!! personally love that considering how many characters I had to let just die

1 Like

HEHEHE! Okay then :wink: Though it might have to be Sci-fi or fantasy related to be able to combine all the different time periods they’re from. … Might be a couple months away, so I can focus on my other stories first. :wink:

1 Like

I love this so much! I read a book abiut tek months ago with ideas for practice a lot like this, so I love it! But that was more to write how your character would feel in different situations…

I’m gonna use protagonist from my story, Just an Average Girl. I’ll be answering as her, in first person!

Name: Leah Moore
World: Modern (Sci-Fi)
Nationality: Born in Croatia, living in U. K.
Few personality traits: Naive, kind, easily bored
Random fact: She likes green colour

1 Like

Your character enters a room. What’s the first thing she sees? (I think this really helps with character development)

1 Like

Does she prefer sweet, salt or spicy?

Has your character(s) participated in family or cultural traditions? Do they participate regularly or did they discontinue the tradition(s) and if so, why?

Use this question to talk about the culture of your world, too, if you’re in a fantasy world!

Tags in case ya'll don't have notifications on or anything ^.-

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale

8 Likes

U’r back!!! How’s ur blue screen of death :skull:

2 Likes
Why, Cookie, why?

I don’t wanna talk about the blue screen of death.

Thenks…>:’(

2 Likes

(Reader chooses name)

Character

This character doesn’t have any family or cultural traditions. (At least not yet anyways)

2 Likes
Leah Moore

I’d love to, we always did fun things with my family. We had game nights, TV evenings, days out… Now we don’t anymore.

MAJOR SPOILER, POTENTIAL READERS DON'T OPEN!

Now my father is too busy, he’s home only on Christmas, New Year and my birthday. And even then for only few hours.

1 Like

What’s your favourite theme park activity?
How do you imagine a perfect date?

1 Like

Favourite kind of pizza?

1 Like
Katarina Burton

Has your character(s) participated in family or cultural traditions? Do they participate regularly or did they discontinue the tradition(s) and if so, why?

• Yep, magic practice. Because it’s cool duh :woman_mage:
1 Like