Flesh Out Your Characters

It is published. That’s my College Days story, which is a mystery with a lot of fantasy. That’s why I keep mentioning witches, mancers, sorcerers, gods, demons…

1 Like

Yeah, she is really close to her family.

1 Like

WHAT THE FFffff how’d I not know???! What’s it called , wtf?!?!? >.>

2 Likes

oof, is that link in your profile description a link to the story…??? >.> Why’d I never see?!? OOF

edit: GOING TO ADD TO MY LIST!

2 Likes

College Days: Mysterious Northview

2 Likes

I’m on chapter 2 right now, LOL I started reading it ^^’

2 Likes

What?! Wow.

2 Likes

Well?..

2 Likes

I wanted to PM you so this thread stays more or less on topic ^^

2 Likes

Ok.

2 Likes
Leah Moore

Me and my family always celebrated New Year and it was very important to us. In my younger years, we sang karaoke, danced, shouted the countdown, watched fireworks… However, now the fun times are gone and we just sit on sofa, count down on normal volume, hug each other and watch the fireworks for few seconds. In the morning we used to unwrap the gifts together, always loving them and thanking each other. But now my father is not there in the morning, and it’s just me and my mum silently opening the gifts… Each time I still hope my dad would be the present.

2 Likes

I never thought about having family/cultural traditions mentioned in my story; but that’s a good point. Maybe I will add it to my story.
Thank you.

2 Likes

I would probably have my character party and get drunk on New Years.

2 Likes

Leah opens gifts on New Years?? That’s pretty unique!! ^^

2 Likes

Yes, her mother is from Croatia from very atheist family that was forced into Christianity, but when they could, they ‘rebeled’. And to show their refuse to Christianity, they don’t celebrate Christmas and their New Year looks like Christmas. :blush:

2 Likes

I hope that didn’t turn out racist :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What does your character do annually for New Years if anything at all? Was there any year that was especially memorable?

Raziel

Raziel

The pattern used to be that every year, he’d resolve to quit going to bars and getting drunk and every year, he’d ring in the new year by going to a bar and getting drunk. Now that he’s genuinely recovering from a lot of things (most relevantly, his trouble doing anything in moderation), he’s forming a preference for having a quiet evening alone with his cat.

Serena

Serena

She tries to do something new every year. Her possibilities are limited considering the fact that she lives in an isolated, domed city with intense surveillance on the inside and a nuclear wasteland on the outside, which is survivable for more than a few hours only if you have protective equipment on. But since it is survivable with equipment on, there was a year where curiosity got the best of her and she went outside with her girlfriend at the time to watch the stars.

2 Likes
Andrew Danford (19 - The Regency period)

Question One:
In the era that Andrew grew up in, family meals at the table were not just common, but almost mandatory. Although, he often missed breakfasts, as he liked to frequent the local alehouse and/or brothel, and seek a bed there overnight.
Although, this past Christmas feast was different. It didn’t just include the five of them, (his parents and older and younger brother, Jordan and William) it also included the Weatherby. Andrew found the one last summer, proposing to her, and he and Aliana Weatherby were married just three months later. This was the first time the two families had come together, aside from at the wedding, and let’s just say that all did not go well.

Question Two:
Definitely meeting and marrying the love of his life, Aliana. However, they’re living at his family’s country cottage, for now, fending for themselves without paying servants. That is because Andrew is keeping his savings and the wedding money until he can convince Aliana that opening a brothel is best for the two of them (and the girls of their town).
Andrew

Alexandria Egerton (16 - The Regency period)

Question One:
In the era that Alexandria grew up in, family meals at the table were not just common, but almost mandatory. At every meal, she remained quiet and discretely tried to read her book, while her parents doted on her older brother, Atticus.
Atticus and Alexandria would also take weekly walks together, talking about anything and everything. He was her best friend.

Question Two:
Ignoring her failed engagement to Laurent, the most memorable thing this year was her friendship with Catherine.

Nathan Keller (42 - Present day)

Question One:
The Keller’s have never really had any traditions, even less so when Nathan left his wife after finding out Addilyn had cheated, and joined Big Brother (his second RP).

Question Two:
As for memorable this year, it was in the Big Brother house that he found himself and needed to give his wife a chance to talk. Before going back home, he knew his unemployed year/mid-life crisis had to end. He knew what he wanted to do. He used most of his savings he had leftover to enrol himself in a psychology course, as well as find two part-time volunteer jobs. One as a youth counsellor at the local community hall and the other was at the hospital as an intern under the mental health psychologist.
When he arrived home, days were spent on he and Addy discussing everything (well, mainly Addy starting to yell and Nathan trying to escape by going outside to finish that DAMN treehouse). Finally, on day four, Nathan snapped and actually argued back. Addilyn was elated that she finally had her man back and boy, did they “make up” after that. Though they still have their arguments, they still trying to work on it.

Dominic Wallace (44 - Present day)

Question One:
Nothing that peculiar. Dom still has weekly meals round at his mum’s place, as well as at Christmas and Thanksgiving.
Within the past year, he has also started a new tradition, once a year, of going to visit Kya Fern and her son to watch the baseball together.

Question Two:
The most memorable this year for Dom was meeting Kya Fern and Nathan Keller.

@jdepisode, Andrew and Aliana, and Nathan and Addilyn.
@QueenChid, for Dom and Kya.
@Briar.R, Alexandria and Atticus, and Alexandria and Catherine.

4 Likes
Me at this moment in time:

https://media.giphy.com/media/6lvEYsSuoqDwQ/giphy.gif
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7bu0Dyt4RW3exEJ2/giphy.gif

2 Likes

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oFzlW4yxJIGR4SrSg/giphy.gif

Thought you’d like it. Which one in particular? :wink: Your Andrew?

2 Likes