Flesh Out Your Characters

Yes, please :slight_smile:

1 Like

When you’re making a character more feminine, it doesn’t always mean that she’s going to be weaker or less capable. Sometimes, when we think of these feminine traits, we can think about them being weaker in comparison to masculine traits.

So she can be rough and tough on the field, aggressive/assertive and even be some of these things outside the field, all things we kinda think of as masculine traits, but she can of course be compassionate, graceful, elegant, and delicate. <–sometimes traits we think of as making someone weaker, but you can write them as a strength. Being delicate or careful doesn’t mean that you break easily all the time. Caring about people and having compassion doesn’t always mean bending over backwards for others’ happiness (something I kinda feel like Celeste would do tbh X’DDD) as she’s very compassionate.

Hannah could show compassion as well, just in a different way, she could help people but not without enough logic (so she knows when to stop). So at this point, it kinda feels like balancing out all the masculine/feminine traits could end up making her kinda Mary Sue-ish. Instead of giving her any masculine weaknesses then, give her feminine ones, not like she’s too compassionate, but maybe she’s overthinks or is kinda manipulative (like really good with words) or quick jumping to conclusions instead of making her maybe too aggressive, making her unfeeling and overly logical.

Thinking about what makes her vulnerable can really help with making her feminine, too. You mentioned trust issues? Yeah, she could be really emotional about that, yet still be so compassionate and sweet to people regardless of their wrongdoings (classic hero right there) X"D

With these flaws, you just have to make sure things she does out of these flaws have real consequences ^^’ because flaws mean nothing if you don’t have any consequences from having them.

I don’t have this feeling for any of your characters, but I’ll say this anyway real quick (feeling rant-y today, sorry X’DDDD) - A “strong female character” doesn’t mean that she isn’t into the superficial, girly things, like beauty or whatever. Well written female characters (“strong” or not) can/should care about what they wear, how they look, superficial things, especially if they know they can use it to their advantage ^^ A woman’s strength shouldn’t come from like…what a man can do. A woman can’t do anything a man can do all the time. Men can’t do what women can do, and women should keep that uniqueness and have feminine strength of their own. Like…flexibility, under-handedness, thoughtfulness, compassion, intuition (an important one IMO also one I personally have trouble with as a female with NO intuition herself X’DDD), and what she feels instead of what she thinks she knows. All these things can be used to be both flaws AND strengths depending on the individual woman’s situation and what I love about these traits is that they are often biologically wired to a female brain, (of course humans are complex, so it isn’t exclusive to women only) more often than wired to a male brain. These are highlighted differences between men and women and really helps for complementing each other <3

So, take this with a grain of salt. None of it has to mean anything but maybe it gets you thinking and you can do something else with it ^^

3 Likes

This really looks like fun and great for getting deeper with the characters!

Elle Papenfuse

She’s from the modern world
She’s 100% hippie and has a twin that she’s no where close to. She was also in a tv show to find love or money yet that failed her.

Question 1

Has your character(s) participated in family or cultural traditions? Do they participate regularly or did they discontinue the tradition(s) and if so, why?
Since Elle was raised in more of a hippie environment she and her family had a lot of random or weird traditions they did. One of them is that they tend to move a state every two months and have a giant bonefire in one state they lived in, and claimed it was bad luck to stay in a place past midnight. They also had other little traditions they tend to do, but those all get lost in the years.

Question 2

What does your character do annually for New Years if anything at all? Was there any year that was especially memorable?
New Years is one of her favorite holidays. Mainly to spend with her smoking buddies or whatever guy she was sleeping with at the time. So during that day she usually gets so high and shoots fireworks with her friends. Then they all decide to sleep under the stars till the next year.

Question 3

Does your character have any nicknames old or new? How did they get these nicknames and who calls them these nicknames? Is there anyone not allowed to address them by their nickname?
Her full name is Ellementraydalesis, but she really prefers Elle and so does everyone else that somehow finds out her full name. She decided to go by that when in kindergarten her own teacher couldn’t fit her name on a name tag so she went by something shorter. Not to mention how her parents were drunk/high while naming. So she prefers everyone to call her Elle.

Question 4

Do(es) your character(s) follow a religion? How much do their beliefs matter to them? If your character is in a fantasy world, what greater beings might the people of the U believe, even if your character(s) don’t? How do these beliefs (or lack of beliefs) affect how they behave and treat other characters?
With Elle being raised in such a weird environment she was never raised to believe in a certain religion. Instead she believed in the stars,plants,the sun and the moon. She built her whole belief system around that and it never changed. This made her change her thoughts and become vegan. That and how the way her sister was.

Question 5

What item is always in your character’s food storage; an item that they cannot ever be without?
Elle always has something green in her fridge. She only believes in a whole food, plant base diet. She hasn’t eatin’ meat since she was five and she promised the Earth and animals of the world never to eat from something that was living and breathing. So she does a lot of gardening.

Question 6

Consider what your characters’ goal(s) is/are. What all motivates them to reach their goals?
She believes in heavy meditation can help her solve anything. Especially when she’s trying to reach her goals. She would stop for a moment or maybe travel out to a deserted place just to smoke and meditate alone for a few days.

Question 7

What makes your character most vulnerable? Tell about a time they couldn’t hide, and their vulnerability was exposed.
Elle can’t hold a relationship if her life depended on it. She believed that no relationship was perfect since her parents were on the strange side as well, so she always made sure to break off a relationship or ruin it if things got to close. Which is why when she went on the game show, and got close with one guy really well. She messed it up a few times. Hoping that maybe it would keep her mind clean and far away. But in turn made her feel worse deep down.

Question 8

What is something that your character(s) wants to care about; something your character tries to care about, but can’t bring themsel(f)(ves) to care about?
She only really cares about two things. The earth, and weed. That’s all she ever cared about since she was 16 and moving out. Even her own twin was thrown to the side. Especially if saving the environment was on the line.

Coco Grant

From the fairytale world
Daughter of the witch from Hansle and Gretel and an amazing child baker :joy:

Question 1

Every year before her mom passed away that sad sad night. They would lure at least one little child a week to their little sweet home in the woods and bake that child as a mother/daughter thing. Not to mention it’s tradition to visit the time after they bake a child to see the how everyone was doing.

Question 2

They don’t celebrate New Years. Especially in the enchanted forest. But they do celebrate the coming of every new moon, and sometimes Coco is able to spend time with her dad (the big bad wolf) and practice on her wolf skills for those nights.

Question 3

Her real name is technically Chocolate, but she loves going by Coco since her mom said that it was shorter and so sweet on her. So everyone calls her Coco. Or some wolves that don’t like her too much would call her halfbaked. Since she likes baking and only half wolf and half witch. She honestly hates that name, but tends to get use to it.

Question 4

She only worships her mom. Ever since her young years she looked up to her mom as a figure of power and respect. Even though people have heard rumors about the witch that bake kids in the woods. Some are scared yet others still venture out to see if they’re real. So after her mom died at the hands of those kids she always knew that someday she would show her mom how she could easily bake as many children as she can.

Question 5

She loves meat. She has it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On occasion she would eat some of the baked child she made, but she would usually give that off to werewolves or sell it off somewhere for a hefty price.

Question 6

To know what motivates her you need to know that her goal is to make children suffer in the world. Ever since Hansle and Gretle killed her mother she was never the same, and promised that she’ll make sure to bake so many kids in all the land. So her motivation is the sound of happy children, or going into the village and seeing a child running away screaming and worst of all happy.

Question 7

She only has one weakness and that’s her dad. Especially since he’s the last parent she knows that is actually alive. So she cares and would do anything g to keep him safe with all her strength.

Question 8

She cares deeply about her father, and she also cares about her mother’s spell book on luring children to the oven. She never leaves that anywhere and always makes sure she’s caring it around wherever she goes.

2 Likes

I had a feeling Nathan would be my favorite!! ^^ I was right XD

2 Likes

HAHAHA! Really? How come?
I think @jdepisode and @Chocolate_Mama would be inclined to disagree with you, as they both liked Andrew. HA. :wink:

3 Likes

I love Andrew :joy: always loved seeing your posts for him

2 Likes

How was her sister?? >.>

LOL! Love it.

Sell it??? Like to WHO?! Normal people?? That reminds me of this one story!

If you wanna know the story

Okay, so there’s this Goddess-like creature called a Daedric Prince. Her name is Namira and she lures people to become cannibals and eat human flesh from corpses, often from tombs and stuff. So a priest will approach me and be like “someone is eating our ancestors, help!” So I go in and look around and a nonthreatening female mage comes from the darkness and she goes “Wanna eat some dead guys?” And you can agree or not. You can kill her, and stop her. Or you can agree and it can go one of two ways. You can join the cult of Namira or you can destroy the entire cult of Namira in the whole country.

So there’s this one guy you meet at the party where the cannibals meet (lol…meat X’D) and he is a merchant that sells meat in the city where all the dead was being eaten. If you join the cult, you can talk to him at his stall, and you put two and two together, you can ask him “Where do you get all this meat?” He doesn’t outright SAY it, but you KNOW that dude is selling human meat!

And if you ask him without knowing about the cult of Namira, he tells you it’s nonya biz. X’D

In the same city, there’s a woman who owns a general store called Arnleif and Sons. She’s the only one there, though. She was at the cannibal party, and you can ask her, “What ever happened to your husband?” She goes “He was such a wonderful man. He died a few months ago…he had great taste.” Bitch ate her husband NO JOKE LOLOLOL

That’s the story X’D

Awesome characters!! I’ll be sure to tag you from now on ^^

1 Like

I have a major bias for family men (especially if they have special father-daughter moments) T.T

Also, he’s super hot

1 Like

Ahh, fair enough, I can understand that! … I love all of these characters, though I think Andrew is always my sweet spot on here because he (and Alexandria) were in my first RP on these forums. He They were the reason I stayed here because of the friends I made in that RP. :blush::blush::blush:

FINALLY! Someone agrees with me on this! :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

:rofl: her sister is a full on cannibal or enjoys eating the occasional raw meat (Ik I make the most weirdest oddest characters I can :rofl:)

:rofl: thank you!

Yeah sell it to normal people. Or to a bake sale or just randomly :rofl: that’s why you never buy bread from a stranger in the woods at 6am

It’s almost 1am and I’m over here dying :rofl: that’s amazing idk why but I’ve been into cannibal characters a lot lately.

1 Like

Wow thank you for this. So much detail… runs away to get pen to take notes lol. Seriously thank you

2 Likes

What is something that your characters want to care about; something your character tries to care about, but can’t bring themselves to care about?

Raziel

Raziel

Now that he’s in a position of power, Raziel should care about the business side of his job. But he can’t bring himself to do so, nor does he feel comfortable stepping down from his position for fear of disappointing others.

Serena

Serena

She has more trouble not caring about things she doesn’t want to care about than the other way around, to be honest. As it is, she’s very openly passionate about the things and people around her.

1 Like

How come? Just not compatible with his personality or what?

That’s exactly it. For him, it’s mostly a distraction from the job he actually wants to do.

1 Like

DANGNABBIt CAL, STILL GOT ME FANGIRLING OVER HERE :weary::weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

HAHAHA! :wink: I REALLY need to continue adapting that RP by continuing with that Wattpad story. :thinking::thinking::thinking: Maybe I should turn into an Episode story to motivate me to continue with the Wattpad one too!

3 Likes

giphy-6

2 Likes

Tell about a memory from childhood your character clings to. It doesn’t have to be a happy memory, but one that they seem to always remember or think about.

Why do(es) your character(s) cling to it so much?

******If I keep tagging you and you don’t want to participate anymore after seeing what it’s about, that’s fine! Just let me know so I don’t keep tagging you, lol >.> I don’t want to annoy ya’ll <3 <3 <3

Tags

@fcukforcookies
@Lex2
@EmpressVanessa
@PrettyEri
@xXMagicalUnicornXx
@SweetJazzyJazz
@loveyourself
@CrazyCaliope
@ChaoticDreamz
@lazaruslazuli
@amberose
@purplezombieattack
@Kale
@Mimibrix
@ViviOfficially
@MKiara
@Chocolate_Mama

8 Likes

One memory that Venetia clings to is when she met her husband, the demon that everyone refers to, in disdain. She wasn’t really a child though, she was just about 16. She remembers how he stopped the kids from bullying her even more. She remembers that she was thankful, and that they became close afterwards. Venetia clings to this memory so much, because this is the last time she remembers someone truly caring about her and loving her.

1 Like

I will let my dude Dean answer that :slight_smile:

Dean’s Answer

The only memory I always looked back to is the time I was on the rooftop of this rundown apartment back in my home country, Vietnam. I was with my older brother. I was 6 and he was 10. Everytime I’m feeling down in the dumps, he would buy me sugarcane juice and take me up to the rooftop of this rundown apartment in Ho Chi Minh City in hopes of cheering me up. We would admire how the city looks at night… the city lights, traffic, and people out in the streets. Me and my brother would make up short stories of the people below the rooftops until it’s time for us to leave. The reason why I hold on to this memory, is because of how I really miss my brother and the old times where I don’t have anything to worry about. I won’t say too much cause that’s spoiling @ViviOfficially’s unpublished story and she probably gonna kill me if I did… but let’s say I’m currently in my dark times and I haven’t seen my family including my brother for 3 years. I could’ve easily contacted them and tell them I’m ok, but I don’t want to risk their lives because of my actions. Most importantly I don’t want to see them disappointed for what I have done :man_facepalming:t2: So every now and then I would sneak up to the top of a water tower in Atlanta and admire the view whether I’m feeling down or stress,or just wanna look back at when I was carefree.

1 Like