Food to eat when feeling sick

Dying from this awful flu and it’s making me not have the energy to cook something. But anyway, I would like to know what do you guys eat when you’re feeling sick?

4 Likes

I usually eat noodles or.soup. Also chamomile tea helps me.

3 Likes

When I have the stomach flu I drink some Gatorade and eat some crackers

4 Likes

Same, Especially them fire noodles I was on about in one of my threads.

2 Likes

I’m lazy so I eat alot of noodles. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Haha same. I just had some mango flavoured chicken wings with peri fries for lunch and churros with caramel sauce hehe.

1 Like

Eat a lot of vitamin C and Zinc, these help boost your immunity and will help your body produce illness fighting gubbins (I won’t go into detail lmao)
Oranges, red meats, legumes that kinda thing :tangerine: :cut_of_meat: :broccoli:
Doesn’t sound very comforting lol but alas :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I do eat a lot of oranges when I’m sick. I even have to drink some sports drinks. I just love the taste of orange when I’m ill or not haha. I need more fruits!!

1 Like

Get them fruits girl!! Your lymphatic system will thank you for it :raised_hands:t3:

1 Like

True that. Though when I eat spicy food, my nose gets runny. Guess that’s a sign of clearing up the sinuses. But anyway, might probably eat some apples and oranges. :green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::green_apple::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::peach::melon::melon::melon::melon::melon::grapes::grapes::grapes::grapes::grapes::cherries::cherries::cherries::cherries::cherries::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::strawberry::kiwi_fruit::kiwi_fruit::kiwi_fruit::kiwi_fruit::coconut::coconut::coconut::coconut::avocado::avocado::avocado::avocado::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple::pineapple:

2 Likes

Ik it sounds odd but…Hot wings n.n
Or spicy Noodle cups
Spice helps open the airways

2 Likes

I normally have soup or noodles with lucozade

Soup - Easy to swallow barely takes any effort
Noodles - (same reason as soup tbh)
lucozade - It helps your sugar levels rise up.

Yes it does

1 Like

Something gingery normally helps.

1 Like

I eat ice cream because it soothes my throat and is easy to swallow, but not too sweet, or you’ll start feeling even sicker :joy: soup and noodles are good too.

2 Likes

I’m currently sick and eating Ice cream… Lol

Now you mentioned ice cream, might help myself to sea salted caramel ice cream. So yummy!

1 Like

I usually eat soup and drink ginger ale.

Never drank ginger ale but I definitely have drank ginger beer. Is there any difference?

Yeah, there is.

Ginger beer is brewed and fermented and ginger ale is a soda made from water and ginger. Ginger beer also has a stronger ginger taste and it’s less carbonated.

I remember my parents giving me ginger ale as a kid when I had a stomache ache or the flu. Maybe the idea of it working for that is an old wives tale, but it always worked for me. :sweat_smile: