For the British people on here!

Hi! This is for all the UK people on here. I absolutely love London. I have spent countless days of summer vacations and even some winters there with my family. I have done a lot of touring there, but I have not discovered everything. I was wondering if anyone is from the UK, (you don’t have to be from London) and could tell me secret spots that you know, but other people wouldn’t really know unless they were locals?
I’m asking because my story mainly takes place in the UK, not in the city though.
Thanks for anyone who replies! I appreciate it :grin:

10 Likes

i don’t know if this will be classed as a tourist-y place, but Borough Market is one of my favourite places to go in London!
the food is some of the best, and it’s all under a bridge, so it just feels really authentic?

i’m not from there, but i go quite often so idk if it is considered to be a tourist place :yellow_heart:

3 Likes

I think I know what you are talking about lmaooo
my mom took my brother and I there a few times when we were younger. I don’t remember much, but I do remember it being under a bridge.
It does feel and sound authentic :joy:
I would say it is a tourist attraction or just something really cool. Thanks for the suggestion!! xx

1 Like

it’s really cool!
other than that, i just go to hyde park (which is definitely NOT an underground place lmaoo)

no problem, i hope it helps! <3
if you need any help, just drop me a message :pleading_face:

3 Likes

It is. oooo I love Hyde Park, it is very nice there.
it most definitely helped! I am trying to build my story and use the setting to help. (Actually using what I learned in English class to help me lol)
And sure I will if I need any more help!

2 Likes

Thorpe park?

2 Likes

ahaha it’s gorgeous!
yeah, if you need any help about the culture of good ol’ british people, just give me a shout :wink:

3 Likes

@emmastarz :relieved:

2 Likes

I haven’t been there, but I have heard good things about it. Thanks for the suggestion. :grin: :grin:

1 Like

Will do. Thanks so much again!

2 Likes

@queenscribbles hopefully she responds lmaoo

2 Likes

Ahhh yeah finally I don’t feel awkward when I spell Colour with a u

4 Likes

PHAHAHAA GIRL I FEEL YOU :sob:

3 Likes

Brits in the house :partying_face:

3 Likes

roadmen unite :fist:

4 Likes

Omg bahahah one of my best friends is British and whenever I text her she spells color with an u and then donut like doughnut (I agree with the British spelling actually)
note- I am American lol

2 Likes

when im just stalking this to nice wuts going on and i dont get it :clown_face: :eyes:

Respect lol I have respect for you for creating this instead of telling me my accent is cute :cry: its a compliment…I think?
Once I went on holiday to Texas and then we went to McDs and the cashier was talking to us with her American slang and my mum (yes MUM, hence the U not O) was just like We-Are-British it was kinda embarassing tho

3 Likes

i read that as ‘maccies’-

sorry i don’t know you and i’m also stalking this thread lmaoo

3 Likes

Is this true–> (this is for the Americans and other nationalities) Are Brits portrayed as " cheerio pip" people, oh I’m so posh and tea lovers outside of England? I’ve always wanted to know lol what others think of us! No wrong answers lol

2 Likes