Forced to re-read the previous episode

Hey there! So I don’t know if this was supposed to be at the “Report a bug” section but anyway; I currently updated my story and my readers were forced to re-read the previous episode. Episode gave them an extra pass, but still this is so annoying. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it bc I changed something in the previous episode as well?

1 Like

Yup

1 Like

Ok thanks :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Every time you make a change on an already published episode and then upload the story, the readers that have started that episode will have to re-read it

2 Likes

You can use labels and give them the option to skip the chapter if they want.

1 Like

I recommend putting the choice before the chapter starts before it’s very annoying having to re-read an episode, even if it is beautifully written. And they won’t mess up the points.

1 Like

This would be useful, thanks :blush:
But they will lose one pass right?

1 Like

Yes, they gained the pass so they could reread the edited chapter, but some people don’t like to reread. So I don’t think will be a problem if they choose to skip.

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Don’t the points reset if you have to reread a chapter, even if the skip is at the start?
I believe any points you could have gained in that episode will be lost if you’re forced to reread. That’s always been my understanding?

1 Like

Maybe I’m wrong I’m not completely sure.

Yes, that’s been happening since episode launched lol basically every time you click save on your previous chapter after already publishing it, and you publish again, it’ll make your readers re-read. You can’t fix this but I’ve seen authors put a choice at the beginning of the episode saying “would you like to skip this episode/have you already read this episode” and the readers can just choose to not re-read it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.