Forced to Read Only Episode Stories

So I got a new phone and I haven’t even touched the episode app in like 2 weeks because of this new thing where you cant access any of the app before reading 30+ chapters of only episode stories. Honestly I don’t like any of the Episode official stories and the app was fine the way it was before… the amount of stories you’re forced to use your passes on before you can look at your own profile let alone read user stories is insane. The app even broke itself and ‘unlocked’ the same story twice bruhhh wtf is this!

6 Likes

Btw sorry if this is in the wrong category I wasn’t really sure if this is a feature rather than something episode should stop doing

2 Likes

Try Mobile(App) bug?

1 Like

Okay yeah for sure, the whole thing with the same story being unlocked twice definitely counts as a bug

1 Like

oh oof

1 Like

try restarting your app or your phone

1 Like

K so I did the math, looks like I have to read 27 stories before unlocking access the rest of the app. It takes 3 episodes to unlock another story, meaning that i have to read 81 episodes just to use the app wtf

6 Likes

they should add a option to disable or enable reading all those featured stories or just Don’t add it at all

4 Likes

K gave it a restart but its still only showing me episode official stories. Word up though idk why they thought this feature was necessary

1 Like

maybe they earning money by doing that or/and they push the readers aka the newbies to buy gems

2 Likes

anyways…is there the same story twice now?

1 Like

They clearly did that so people won’t make new accounts and give their stories more reads.
Which is understanding, but at the same time bad for new people, because episode officials are terrible.
You can restore your old progress using Gmail or Facebook.
Log from your old phone and do it.

3 Likes

What the hell?! :flushed: I guess you tried to restore your old progress already? Maybe you can try contacting the support team, they should be able to help you

2 Likes

If this isn’t a bug then this is really terrible and a horrible decision. :frowning:

2 Likes

So this is how Episode gets all their reads, forcing new users to waste their passes on those trashy featured stories, smh.

6 Likes

Apparently if someone sends you a link to an unpublished story- you can go between all the unpublished episodes repeatedly until you read enough chapters to “unlock” the app? I have no idea if that works but try this:

http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5263730804129792

Story is mine, unpublished and will never be published. You should be able to toggle between episodes on the right with the buttons and I think that still counts as a “read”?

2 Likes

I remember this… I had Episode on my old phone but it was really old model so when I got a new one there was no way of logging in just because the systems on my old phone were funny so I had to read a ridiculous amount of episode stories :roll_eyes: I can still feel the pain :joy:

2 Likes

Hey there @Lizard I’d recommend submitting a help ticket to our support team about this issue. :smiley:

It worked! I just kept restarting it and the app counted it as a read. Tysm!!

1 Like

No problem! I’m glad it worked and it’s good to know it works too :smiley: