Forums Art Contest: Custom Badge Icons! (Closed)

Hey! I actually submitted an image for a badge and wanted to submit another for another badge, but it says that I can fill the form only once. :frowning:
@Trinady Help!

3 Likes

YES YES YES YES YES I am in!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I’ll attempt this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

also i’m assuming the badges need to be made from scratch or use content that has a public copyright license/public domain? (aside from episode art assets)

1 Like

Oh! Apologies! Fixed it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yup! Please do not use anything that is copyrighted or trademarked (Content Guidelines).

50x50 pixels! Thank you!

1 Like

How can I make it so that the image will be clear when I resize the image to 50 X 50 pixels?

2 Likes

are you making it bigger or smaller?

I’m SO PSYCHED for this, I can’t wait to submit mine!

Oh, by the way, if we’re gonna use episode characters in the badge should we make them limelight or ink?

What do you mean by
“are you making it bigger or smaller?”
Isn’t the badge suppose to be 50 x 50 pixels? And that’s small so I cant make out whats on my badge when I resize it.

1 Like

i was asking whether you had a smaller picture and wanted to make it bigger so it fit 50px, or had a big image and wanted to make it smaller. from reading this comment, i’m assuming it’s the latter, right? the only solution is to simplify your icon, don’t add images that have lots of detail. go for clean and bold shapes and colors. there’s really no other way.

1 Like

Either character type works, but a portrait would be hard to see at 50x50. Excited to see what you make! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@synecdokai has some good advice!

I would also start with an idea you want to show, and then try to transfer it to a 50x50 canvas. Once that’s done, you can see it at actual size and adjust accordingly.

2 Likes

Can someone tell me how can I do that art with this badge? I’m so confused…:confused:

You can use programs like Photoshop, GIMP etc to create a badge. You can use a circular canvas no more than 50x50 in size. Like you can use bold colors so that the badge is visible even though it’s 50x50. You can also use Canva but the canvas is high-quality so when you will resize it, it will get all blurry. Better to use bold colors. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much…:slightly_smiling_face:

last day ! Can’t wait to see the custom badge icons :smiley:

2 Likes

Make sure to get your submissions in before it’s closed! I am genuinely excited to see what everyone came up with and good luck to everyone! :ok_hand::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

What time does it close?