Forums Overall Reader Questionnaire

This is just a overall questionnaire for readers on what they like and dislike in a story

How long should a chapter be?
  • 5 minutes
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 minutes
  • 20 minutes

0 voters

Should credits be a the time your using the item or all together at the end?
  • At the end
  • When your using it

0 voters

Should periods be at the end of each speech bubble?
  • Yes, there should be periods
  • No, not after every speech bubble
  • I don’t pay attention to the periods

0 voters

Should their be a long intro every chapter or just milestone chapters?
  • There should be a long story name intro every time
  • Their should only be a long intro at milestone chapters (chapters 5,10,15)

0 voters

When should you update?
  • Weekly
  • Every 2 weeks
  • Every month
  • No update schedule

0 voters

Stories that have zero uploaded backgrounds and only use episodes
  • I’d totally read
  • I would not read
  • I’m not picky

0 voters

14 Likes

Tags: @noyaan @queen.sofia @CosmicIvy @white.dragon_basou @Roy @raven.is.a.clown @Youngbl00d @Yente @Your_girl.kay @PurpleRadiance @Danielle318 @FlowerGriefer @granolias @Gazza_Episode @Jamila7 @saol @xxOlivia_Meganxx @xiomara17 @Celestial_Night @versearrow @Vividly @Briana_M @nals @Nat.Alia @Makayla.Reed

11 Likes

I accidentally clicked 2 weeks instead of no update schedule so I may have skewed your data a little sorry.
:purple_heart:

2 Likes

filled it in.

2 Likes

Filled out!:purple_heart:

1 Like

I filled it out hope that helps!

1 Like

Bump

Here's my written out opinions!
  • I find ten minutes a bit too long. It’s a good reference for writers but not for readers. Writers, if you can make it through your episode reading every single word of dialogue (not skimming like most readers unconsciously do) in 7-10 minutes, your episode is long enough. Personally, I make it through most episodes in 5 minutes. If it takes me longer and I’m continuously tapping, I know that the episode is too long.

• Periods should be at the end of sentences. People talk in complete sentences. Just because they don’t say “period” (although I say periodt sometimes) at the end of their declaration, doesn’t mean it wasn’t a completely, coherent thought. Some people might not mind, but it can really ruin a beautifully directed story. The story no longer feels neat or put together anymore.

• Long intros really bug me only because it takes so much time just for me to watch simple, colored words fade out for 30 seconds. I’m okay with an intro every episode, especially if I love the cover art, but stop making your transitions go for 20 seconds each. It is really, really distressing and I literally put my phone down sometimes to go microwave food while I wait for just the intro to be done.

• No preference on backgrounds, but uploaded backgrounds add soooo much personality to your stories. It makes your story world seem like your own, not just the Episode version. If a story is well written it won’t matter, but in terms of getting readers developed into your world… I’d say upload some backgrounds. It can be used as a support to make up for some troubles with descriptive dialogue.

Thank you for making this poll!

-Lynne Harper :sparkles:

2 Likes

Bumps

Bump

Bump

Bump

My thoughts:

I feel like 10 minutes is a reasonable length- but if you’re doing a longer story, I would say that each chapter could be reduced to 5-7 minutes. I would just focus on getting all the information and plot point you need in the episode, and don’t worry too much about length in the case that your story is planned to be long :slight_smile:

I find it a little distracting when the artist for the backgrounds/overlays are credited in the story, and it doesn’t seem nessesary when you could just do it all at the end. It seems cleaner and more straightforward. But if a certain creator wants you to credit them exactly when it happens, it wouldn’t hurt to do that.

As long as the speech bubble is a sentence, it should probably cover sentence structure- but if its something like “WOAHHH” I wouldn’t notice it didn’t have a period LOL

If the intro is already long to your story, maybe give an option to skip if they’ve already seen it?

You can choose to have an update schedule, but it’s not my place to tell you when to post

Honestly, if you don’t need other sources for your backgrounds, that wouldn’t distract me at all. No need to force community backgrounds in just to show you can use them, it’s not really a thing I notice too much anyways, it’s usually just a necessity an author needs for their story if they chose an odd location

1 Like

I have a questions abt #3 if anyone wants to answer! Do you mean even if the sentence isn’t complete :? I tend to write really long sentences so I may stretch a thought over 2 or 3 speech bubbles using punctuation as normal. Would you all be okay with something like this:

CHARACTER (animation)
If he were here,

CHARACTER (animation)
Which he isn’t,

CHARACTER (animation)
And he had his bearing about him,

CHARACTER (animation)
Which he doesn’t,

CHARACTER (animation)
Then, yes, of course things would be different…

Or would you prefer it all in one bubble? Curious :44

It’s really just a creative choice, if you want to build tension with those lines, feel free to make it like that!

1 Like