FORUMS: Posting videos

Okay hello everyone! (:
So i’m not really sure if this was suggested before, and i’m also wondering why it’s not an option. I mean we can post photos, screenshots, gifs and links but why not videos?

I see this happen a lot where people have to make gifs when suggesting animations on the Episode wishlist. Would be much easier if we could upload a screen recording. There’s also part of the community who makes edited videos of their characters and trailers and etc, would be really cool if they can share that part of the community on this platform

Lastly we’re able to flag inappropriate images and links anyway so it shouldn’t be an issue about monitoring what is posted.

This is just a thought i had😌

20 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Support! I’ve been wanting this for a while now.

2 Likes

Support!!

2 Likes

Great news is that the forums do support videos! Simply upload your own created video to a streaming service like YouTube and then insert the share link into your thread/post. It should then show up for you and everyone else :yay:. It really is that simple :smile::smile::smile:

5 Likes

I was talking about a more direct approach where we wouldn’t have to include a link to post it, like we do with photos. But i guess the links will have to do for now lol.

3 Likes

Oh yeah I definitely understand your request. The issue with that is the videos would have to be uploaded and inspected (assumably) by someone at Episode to make sure they don’t violate any laws/copyright/trademark/IP and then hosted on a server for Episode.

By uploading it all to a third party streaming service such as Youtube and those alike it is the responsibility of that company to ensure safety and that all videos don’t violate and rules/regulations/etc.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m in no way dismissing the want and needs of the community. Rather than just pointing out the potential issues with this particular request :astonished:

4 Likes

Oh okay I understand what you’re saying. Maybe one day :pensive:

3 Likes

I agree. Videos should be allowed on forums too.:pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

Support

1 Like