FORUMS: Pronoun Options in Bio

I’ve seen a few forums suggestions in the Portal Features section, so I hope this is the right place, @Sydney_H?

There are quite a few other Discourse forums that have the ability to choose which pronouns you go by. I think this would be a great addition to the forums for a few reasons:

1. I’m sure I’m not the only one who sees someone’s really androgynous profile picture and has no clue what pronouns to refer to them by. This would clear that up.

2. This is a really small but really helpful way to show that we’re taking a lot of the LGBTQ community into consideration. As a cisgender woman, I can’t pretend to talk about any part of the acronym apart from B and possibly L, but I hope it would be a welcome addition.

3. You don’t have to fill it out if you don’t want to. It’s optional.

I think this is a great idea, as it helps to keep a lot of people from being misgendered if this is something that upsets, frustrates or otherwise negatively affects them.

55 Likes

YES. YOU HAVE ALL OF MY SUPPORT.
:raised_hands:

4 Likes

Hopefully this small addition won’t be too much of a hassle to Episode! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes, this is an amazing idea, 100% support :nerd_face: :+1:

The Wattpad Forums has this option and it would be cool if the Episode Forums did as well :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah, Portal is fine. :smiley: We don’t have an actual Forum Feature area, so for now here is good :+1:

2 Likes

I don’t get it

What don’t you get? :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pronoun thing

What about it? What pronouns are or how I suggest they be used on the forums?

1 Like

Yeah that

Which one? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Support as long as its optional

5 Likes

It’s not a hassle. Other Forums have this option and to date, no one has had a problem with it. Besides, if it took place, it’d be purely optional. And not everyone chooses to write it in their bio.

I think it’s a fantastic idea :+1:

4 Likes

Of course people aren’t like you. They can’t be. Everyone is different. And honestly, you can’t say most people will never use. You don’t know that. If you don’t agree, it’s fine however this is a thread for people who want to see this feature implemented in and that’s great.

Anyways @ShanniiWrites , everyone on this thread supports it, it’d honestly be such a cool addition to the Forums :+1:

5 Likes

It definitely is an amazing, brilliant idea, I think a lot of people would use this if they gave the option which would make people happy :heart:

5 Likes

Actually, Wattpad has this feature and Wattpad has a very similar readerbase to Episode. Most people use it because it’s not just about LGBTQ issues. It’s about those damn androgynous names and pics, too. You saying most people wouldn’t use it is completely wrong.

4 Likes

Also, who said it’s a fuss? It’s just a nice feature request. Why are you trying to dictate what other people request?

3 Likes

You do realise that everyone uses pronoun, right? You realise what pronouns are? You stated elsewhere that you’re trans. If so, you use pronouns in the same way as a cis person. There’s no difference. If you’re actually genderfluid or non binary, you lied elsewhere.

3 Likes

It’s actually less hassle to just click on an option from a drop-down menu, but some people feel the need to fight everything.

4 Likes