Free backgrounds and overlays! šŸ—

First of all, Iā€™m going with forest green just because I realized Pale blue wasnā€™t eligible, sorry everyone! I accidentally wrote that down. :joy: Iā€™ll explain later when a new background (NO s) is out.
_

Second of all, I want to clarify something.

I still get pms asking me if you can use these backgrounds, and the credit rule.
YES, they are free for use.
YES, Credit is optional. (More on that later)

I understand some of you might just think that Iā€™m stupid, because it seems so stupid to let people use my backgrounds without credit.
First of all, the reasons why I let people use my backgrounds without giving credit is this:
I understand itā€™s very exhausting for background creators to chase after people who donā€™t credit, and it doesnā€™t do well for anyone, by the way.
And yes, I make them all myself, and I spend a lot of my time doing it, but ultimately itā€™s for fun. Iā€™m not obliged to make them.
I also know itā€™s extremely annoying to credit people.
When I mean that, I donā€™t mean that credit shouldnā€™t be given, That means that if people ask you where the backgrounds come from, you shouldnā€™t take credit, and if people ask who made them, I believe you should say ā€œCinnamonToastā€. I only go after you if you take credit for my work. But when I mean that itā€™s annoying to credit people, I understand that itā€™s amazing to be able to write your own story, and itā€™s annoying to have to put everything in the end -background to ___, ____, _____, and _____.
Itā€™s both annoying to the reader and yourself, as you want the focus to be on your story, and the reader doesnā€™t like seeing the end credits/ reader messages only due to credit.
Basically, Iā€™m lazy, so I donā€™t want to go after everyone, but also because it benefits other people and myself at the same time.

So I understand if you still think this is a stupid rule, but thatā€™s the rule.

22 Likes

@CinnamonToast a quick question am I allowed to get that plushy as an overlay from the basement background ? (I donā€™t mind making it one myself)

3 Likes

Oh, sorry! I didnā€™t think someone would need it!
Here it is:

2 Likes

By the way, I know youā€™re all waiting for a new background! As you might see, I recently made a thread talking about tips in making backgrounds, so Iā€™m super careful right now about the perspectives, and I have some problems regarding that.

I decided to make a background/two people dorm, with a bunk bed, the reveal of the poll being the colour of the duvet! When I last checked, it was forest green, but now it seems to have jumped to red/pink. Maybe in the future, Iā€™ll make a red and pink duvet version, so sorry everyone! Anyways, I hope you werenā€™t too impatient. :laughing:

17 Likes

thank you so much xx :heart:

1 Like

IM WAITING FOR IT HERE :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey @CinnamonToast I know you contribute a lot with backgrounds and overlays, and they are amazing. I have a suggestion for next background that you can do, may be a whole set. I am not sure if you already have it or not. But the backgrounds that I have been thinking of is Ship, cruise interior and exterior. You know for a story which has characters going for a cruise trip and has ship shown from inside and outside.

4 Likes

Hey @Shona4b! Thatā€™s a good suggestion. However, Iā€™m going to say that I did make a yacht exterior, and itā€™s quite hard to make a cruise ship exterior- I could make a background with a railing and floor (or rather, and overlay with a preferred background) but itā€™s impossible to actually make a ship- on the water, etc- and the interior would consist of a lot of hotel rooms, and hallways, and dining rooms, etc.
However, I could get to it in the future, or it could be incorporated into something else; eg: a hotel lobby or dining room could be also used for a cruise dining room or lobby, But thank you for the suggestion!

3 Likes

I totally understand, I know it will be a bit difficult. About that hotel lobby and dining will be good

2 Likes

Hey @CinnamonToast I wanted to know if you have a background of a creepy house interiors, like hallyways, stairs, different rooms and living areas of one big house. or if you can make it. No pressure, Just wanted to know. And creepy doesnā€™t have to be haloween themed, itā€™s just creepy. Like a haunted old house.

1 Like

you know what also would be a amazing background?!!! a background of a college class!

4 Likes

I agree!:+1:

2 Likes

Sorry, no, but perhaps @lanafrazer_episode does? :wink:

2 Likes

Hello everyone~

Alright, if youā€™re asking for the dorm background;
Iā€™m putting out this background, which I actually have finished 3 days prior and havenā€™t posted yet.
If youā€™re wondering why Iā€™m going to give you a look at how it looks like.
(Do you think it should be complete like this? Iā€™ll put a poll on the bottom and if so, Iā€™ll post the overlays to go with it, and, the nighttime version which I havenā€™t made yet)
_
Here it is:
DELETED
It would help slightly if you read my thread ā€œbackground doā€™s and not doā€™s-ā€
So Iā€™m going to explain now why I didnā€™t want to post this.
Letā€™s break it down:

And this is the basic perspective of the room (excluding the bed, which suits fine)

And:

Therefore:
First of all, thereā€™s a small trick:
Since the original background was going to look like this: (I kind of lazily changed the perspective)
(And in conclusion)

_
And thatā€™s why. So what do you think?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Again, Iā€™m so sorry for all the inconvenience caused and I hope you donā€™t feel like it was too long a wait.
For that, Hereā€™s another new background I made (only in day though, if you like it, Iā€™ll make it in night as well)
And again, Iā€™ll point out that it has a bit of a perspective problem, since realistically, the mattresses would be propped up in line with the shelf on the left, but itā€™s actually slightly diagonal if you count the perspective of the slanted wall on the left and right, as well as the perspective of the table. However, this wasnā€™t too obvious, so I kind of let it pass.
Again, have a good day, and sorry for the long wait!
Iā€™ll have to go to sleep now.

If I havenā€™t replied to your message for a few days, Iā€™m sorry, since I was a little in a daze.

As I have to sleep now, Iā€™ll try replying to everything tomorrow morning.

Goodnight!

Toasty x

(Iā€™ll actually probably add that to my background do and not doā€™s thread tomorrow, since I think itā€™s a useful tip and annoyance to try to avoid)

23 Likes

Thanks, I will ask her.

2 Likes

@carolg7777
In this thread @CinnamonToast makes free backgrounds for episode authors. The credit is optional and sheā€™s very talented. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey toasty, do you have any therapist backgrounds or something in that sort?

2 Likes

Hi, sorry to disturb you ^^
Do you have a beach house background with the different rooms of the house, seen from the sea? :hibiscus:

2 Likes

OMG these are amazing! Definitely using them :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Hi! Youā€™re backgroundā€™s are so amazing and I just wanted to say thank you for all of them! Keep on doing you and I hope youā€™re having a great day!

3 Likes