๐Ÿ๐š๐ข๐ซ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ :sparklewave: free covers

rules
please take the time to read thru everything!

1. you must have an instagram account. i put this here at the top because itโ€™s super important for you to know about it. iโ€™m trying to grow my instagram account, @maxene.episode, so iโ€™ve made one of the โ€œpaymentsโ€ in return is for you to follow me on instagram. the passsword is your username.

2. currently iโ€™m only accepting limelight requests because i have no inspiration for ink ): but that might change in the future.

3. you must be participating in the contest. aside from me gathering more samples of my works for my actual shop, i made this shop to support the authors and to hopefully help with their motivation to keep writing.

4. no commitments! this is just a temporary noncommittal shop since itโ€™ll only be open until the contest ends so the rules are still a bit loose.

• thread hopping is allowed AS LONG AS the other person allows it too.
    • you are not required to use the covers, but i would really appreciate it if you do!
    • i will be making every single request, but i remain to have the right to decline it when it exceeds my abilities.
  5. though the cover is yours, it is still mosty my intellectual property.

• do not plagiarize my work. itโ€™s so amazing when my work has inspired somebody, but please know the difference between being inspired than just blatantly copying.

• designerโ€™s choice. requesters arenโ€™t always so vivid with their requests. thereโ€™s nothing wrong with that, but there are times when i improvise. for example, if the requester didnโ€™t specify what they want for the title, i would just do what i see fit. why am i mentioning this? well, by making a cover/s for your story, especially if you use them, technically, the covers kind of become the โ€œbrandingโ€ of your story. in case you request or commission from somebody else and want to keep that branding, please only include the ideas that you have given me when you requested from me in the request.

• do not claim my work as yours.

• do not remove my watermark.

and lastly,

1. be kind. pretty self-explanatory! if drama emerges, settle it privately by messaging the persons involved.

forms
just copy and paste the form in your request. donโ€™t forget to blur out the password!

small cover

* means must fill out.

title:*
subtitle:
author:* preferably a pen name
genre/s:*
character & outfit details:*
inspo: inspiration/pose reference/etc.
ideas:* provide 2 or more in bulleted paragraphs
background:*
mood/theme:*
color scheme:*
password:*

large cover

matching large cover

if you want the small cover to match the large cover, please state your ideas for the changes in the layout, position, etc. and some additional elements

independent large cover

title:
subtitle: limited cc, 2 LIs, etc.
author: preferably a pen name
genre/s:*
character & outfit details:*
ideas:* provide 3 or more in bulleted paragraphs
background:*
mood/theme:*
color scheme:*
password:*

also please state if youโ€™d like a background version of the cover. a background version of a cover is just the cover but in the size and proportion of a background so that in case you want to put the cover in a chapter, it wouldnโ€™t get stretched or warped.

payments
these are what i ask for in return for my ~ free services ~

1. give credits to me! on the first episode and whenever you promote your story, credit me using my instagram handle, not my forums username. you only have to do this as long as youโ€™re using the cover.

2. follow me on instagram! my username is @maxene.episode.

waitlist
if you donโ€™t see your name here, it just means i havenโ€™t started working on your request yet, so donโ€™t worry! i have seen your request.

@MiyakoMiyu
@LeonardoDaBetty
@granolias
@Void-YT
@applejacks

34 Likes

Wow, the examples look amazing. Very well designed, everything is on its place and is pleasant for the eye. I donโ€™t need anything, but am definitely going to follow :no_mouth:

1 Like

yassss Maxene! your works are so gorgeous :pleading_face:
I didnโ€™t join the contest because Iโ€™m bad at FTs but Iโ€™m here to hype you up! :sunglasses:

1 Like

thank you karmennn i love fantasy writing but contests are mega no-noโ€™s for my anxious butt so i thought iโ€™d probably be better off editing fantasy stuff :skull:

1 Like

Not requesting anything just a BUMP

1 Like

@Lumnara thatโ€™s so sweet of you! tysm <33

1 Like

same lmao :skull:

1 Like

Omg the examples and everythingโ€™s so amazing and I wanted to request a large cover but my storyโ€™s in ink and itโ€™s not an FT contest entry :upside_down_face:

Bookmarking this tho, Iโ€™d love to see whatever you create :heart::heart:

1 Like

thank you! iโ€™ll be saving a spot for you on my future actual cover shop :white_heart:

2 Likes

wow your cover is beautiful but Iโ€™m not entering the FT contest :blush: :slightly_smiling_face: bump

1 Like

Request: Small & Large Cover please!

title: Mirror, Mirror
subtitle: A dark retelling of the classic Snow White
author: Miyako Miyu
genre/s: Fantasy
character & outfit details:

Snow

Body: Female Generic (Rose 01)
Brow: Arched Thin (black Jet)
Hair: Morning Updo (Black Jet)
Eyes: Deepset Downturned (Brown Dark)
Face: Heart Soft
Nose: Defined Natural
Lips: Small Heart Vampire Fangs (Red Deep Matte)

Henry (Brother 1)

Body: Male Slim Body (Rose 04)
Brow: Straight Medium (Dark Brown)
Hair: Side Part Wavy Tousled (Brown Black)
Eyes: Narrow Almond Deep Sunken (Brown Black)
Face: Square Long Jaw Shadow
Nose: Hooked Grecian
Lips: Full Lower Lip Sharp (Beige Deep Neutral)

Louis (Brother 2)

Body: Male Generic Body (Rose 04)
Brow: Male Generic (Dark Brown)
Hair: Medium Side Curls (Ash Blonde)
Eyes: Narrow Almond Deep Sunken (Blue Deep)
Face: Square Long Jaw Stubble
Nose: Grecian Narrow
Lips: Full Lower Lip Sharp (Neutral Medium Nude Matte)

Snow's Outfit

Henry's Outfit (Brother 1)

Louis' Outfit (Brother 2)

inspo: inspiration/pose reference/etc.*
So this was originally supposed to be my cover, but it got rejected bc of the background image behind the crack. Iโ€™d like something better, (see ideas below)

Mirror_Mirror_HT_posterThumb_QXZAsEkBB1

ideas: provide 2 or more in bulleted paragraphs

• So I really like the first idea, maybe having Snow as the big person and the two brothers as the people in the middle?
  • I also want a rotten apple for her to be holding, and on the rotten apple would be the name of the story, Mirror, Mirror.
  • For Henry, I want him to be searching, holding a torch close to his chest, scared.
  • For Louis, I want him to be more aggressive, holding a torch and holding a pocket knife in the other.
  • Snow is a vampire in this fic, so I want to maybe show that using her teeth?

background: * Something dark red and aesthetic yk
mood/theme: * Itโ€™s a vampire dark fantasy
color scheme: * Red, Black and white.
password: * @epy.miyakowrites

also please state if youโ€™d like a background version of the cover. a background version of a cover is just the cover but in the size and proportion of a background so that in case you want to put the cover in a chapter, it wouldnโ€™t get stretched or warped.

Yes, Iโ€™d like a background version as well!

1 Like

Wowowow :star_struck:
Your examples are AMAZING Iโ€™m not here to request anything (since Iโ€™m not entering the contest) but like just needed to say that

2 Likes

Hello! I would like to request small and large cover and also background version of cover!

Summary

title: FT: Jadeite
subtitle: Story of Robin Hood nobody have ever exceptedโ€ฆ
author: * preferably a pen name LeonardoDaBetty
genre/s:
*Action
character & outfit details: *
body: copper 01
brows: arched thin (dark brown)
hair: Long Straight Wavy Ends Parted (brown black)
eyes: Deepset Downturned (cool gray)
face: heart defined
nose: gercian soft
lips: small heart (fair neutral matte)

ideas: * provide 2 or more in bulleted paragraphs

1. I want her to be compleatly calm and have no emotions like programmed robot.
  2. I would want her to be shoulder up.
  3. I would want her to have half of face coded. Example is in picture.
    background: *

mood/theme: *
    can the mood be like mysterious. Theme like hacking and programming.
    color scheme: *

password: *author.elizabeth
1 Like

Hi, thank you for taking requests for the contest! :yellow_heart:
Iโ€™d like a small, large, and background cover.

title: The Golden Touch
subtitle: โ€œAll that glitters is not goldโ€
author: Granolias
character & outfit details:

MC

body: Female Athletic Body; Gold 02
brows: Arched Thick Styled (Black Dark)
hair: Long Half Up Ponytail Hair (Black Dark)
eyes: Deep Set False Lashes Smokey Eye (Brown Dark)
face: Heart soft
nose: Round button
lips: Full Flat Top Pouty (Rose Light Nude Matte)

Outfit

Freckles Heavy (00-03)
Lace Tulle Dress Satin Yellow White
Queen Crown Gold Diamond Yellow Goldenrod

ideas:

• In the 1st inspo pic, I would like it to be dark and the MC appears in the middle. She would be doing the 2nd inspo pose, holding a golden rose. Only the MCโ€™s top half should be showing so donโ€™t worry about the bottom half of the outfit, haha.
  • Since the story is surrounding gold, instead of the colors on the inspo being purplish/blue, it should be golden. Like a golden filter/light is washed over her as in the 1st inspo pic.
  • Also, could you play around with the lighting? Have it more bright on the front of her face?
  • I trust you with the font and maybe that could be gold as well to match the cover theme.
  • As for the matching large cover, I would love for the word placement for the full cc, etc. on the cover to be similar to the mechanica example and have the words:
    • FULL CC
    • CHOICES MATTER
    • GUARANTEED GOLD

background: Just black. Just like the inspo.
mood/theme: Golden, mysterious, magical
color scheme: Black, gold, white
password: @granolias.episode

2 Likes

thank youuu! thatโ€™s so nice :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Omg those look amazing and I am entering the contest i will submit my request form soon! thank you so much for offfering this! My ig is @sm._.writes i will dm you there if thats comfortable with you!

2 Likes

Hi, I would like to request a small, large, and background cover.

title: FT: Dating a gumiho
subtitle: A myth about nine-tailed fox
author: Hope
character and outfit details:

MC

body: Female generic - Rose 04
Brow: Arched Thick Styled - Deep brown
Hair: 3A shoulder Length Curls - Ginger red
Eyes: Deep Set False Lashes - Hazel
Face: Heart Defined
Nose: Defined Natural
Lips: Full wide - Rose gloss

Outfits:
Flower bloom dress Chiffon green
Sneakers Chunky Rubber black Green
Thin Heart Earrings Metal blue

LI

Body: Male Athletic - Copper 04
Brow: Round Medium - Deep brown
Hair: Consecutive Cut - Brown black
Eyes: Deepset Upturned Lashes - Brown pale
Face: Diamond Defined
Nose: Aquiline Medium
Lips: Full heart Natural - Blood Orange Matte

Outfit:
Chunky Sneakers Leather Black
Front Seamed Panther
Cheerleader Costume Cotton grey black
Hooded Varsity Jacket Wool Teal Black.

Inspo: Inspiration/pose/refrence

Ideas:

I just wants the cover to be like the Inspo, and can you like let her face be more bright.
I trust you with the font.

background:
I want it to be just like the inspo.
mood/theme: Dark, mysterious
color scheme: White, and red
password: @monic.episodes

How many people max on a cover-
My story sadly has 9 MCs :sun_with_face::baby_bottle:

hi! iโ€™m testing out the base composition of the cover based on your ideas before making the actual cover. this is what i got but iโ€™m not sure if i got what you meant? iโ€™m having some trouble with the placement tho, the rotten apple is small for the title to be readable, if i make it larger, her face will be out of range so will her fangs, and i havenโ€™t added the two brothers yet bc i donโ€™t fully get the ideas

would you take a look please? this is not the actual quality for the real cover lol pls ignore

2 Likes

oof wow well thatโ€™s a lot lmao but itโ€™s definitely possible for a cove wit 9 ppl in it, it all depends on the layout and placement. altho iโ€™m pretty sure thereโ€™s just 1-3 โ€œmainโ€ main characters who are more important the the rest so theyโ€™ll probably the main focus on the cover, but if theyโ€™re all equal, it might be hard to place them and make it look decent

1 Like