Free, Honest Reviews - That Are Hopefully Helpful ;)

Heyyy, I will provide honest reviews for those that want to improve their story through critical (but helpful) pointers.
Remember these are just my opinions, you may not think the same as me and that’s okay :slight_smile:
Rules:

• Just comment with a link to your story (if not already published) or the name of your story and the author’s name.

• Please don’t personal message me, as I am likely to forget and it just keeps it organised keeping everything in the comments of the post.

• For clarification, please don’t ask for a review if you just want me to read your story.

• Follow my instagram ayples.episode (ew self promo but…)

Why I review stories (and why you should get your story reviewed):

• I’ve attempted to write stories and know how hard it is, sometimes the perspective of a reader is quite helpful.

• Sometimes when you are constantly working on a story, you can become numb to emotions, text and the general flow of the story. Therefore it’s hard to pick out where improvement is needed.

• I want to help people properly demonstrate their ideas in a way that’s interesting for readers, so their story can become more popular.

• I’m pretty bored and miss episode a lil :smiling_face_with_tear:

I will be reviewing 3 episodes which is a guarantee. However, if you’re story is intriguing, I will be happy to review more episodes (if there are more than 3).

A fresh set of eyes is always helpful :wink:

At the moment a review is guaranteed within a day after I comment on your comment - I’ll start reviewing.
In review process (up to 3 chapters):
-Connected by fate.
-The tale of alynthia
-Life in demby

Waiting list:

1. Jazz
    2.Archeangel
    3.identical souls
8 Likes

Hey, thank you so much for this post. I would be glad to recieve an honest review from you :relaxed::relaxed::relaxed:.

Title : Life in Demby (revamped)
Author : Megz_episode
Description : Group of new students arrive in the university of Demby to start their new life. What will happen when the mysterious Author try to draw them into his sick, twisted GAME?
Cover :

Episodes 8
Style LL
Genre : Mystery
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5406229651980288
This is my story and now I will follow you on instagram.

2 Likes

I will start reviewing :grin:
How would you like to receive the review? I can PM on instagram or the forums or I can post it publicly in the comments of ur comment - sorry that was a mouth full lmao.

1 Like

You can DM me on instagram :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! Thanks for the thread. I’d love a review for my DD contest entry. :slight_smile:
I don’t mind where you post the review. I will also follow you on IG.
This is my link:

Hey! bookmarking~ I will come back to u soon.

No worries :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this thread! I’d love to have a review!
Here’s my Story:
Title: The Tale of Alynthia
Genre: Adventure(with Comic Elements)
Style: Limelight
Chapters: 13 (Ongoing)

My IG: @mukta.writes
Link to the Story:

Followed you on IG!

I’ll start reviewing :blush:

Hey again, I will give the review episode by episode :slight_smile:
Episode 1:
-The introduction was really good, I usually base whether I continue reading or not on how well the introduction is directed.
-However, I would recommend adding the ‘body type’ choice last (placement wise) as I clicked on it first and got confused when it asked my if I was finished creating my whole look. Lmao had to reread 3 times to figure it out :sweat_smile:.
-This is more of a personal preference but I would ask again if the reader is sure if they’ve finished customising their characters. Only because readers can be clumsy and accidently click on the finish look button when they are not finished.
-I like the fact you added freckles onto the love interests. This make the love interest stand out of other love interests in other stories and creates uniqueness.
-I loved the twist when the date is looking at her as you think he is looking in admiration (when he is not).
-When the dad dies, it would be helpful to say how many months or days after their last interaction.
Overall, your directing is really good and the way you portray things through text. This made it quite difficult to find criticisms which is why my pointers are small things. Also the diversity in your story is really good but with the family, I would recommend making the family members more different. This could be changing hair colour. Realistically, in a family not everyone is the same skin tone and the same colour hair. However, I know this is difficult and timely when coding.
Remember, these are just my opinions. Don’t lose motivation and keep writing :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll start reviewing :slight_smile: How would you like to receive the review?

1 Like

Thank you so much for your thread! I would love if you wanted to read and review my story ICARUS! You can be as honest (and brutal) as you want to! :blob_hearts:

Here’s the story description as well as the link! :star_struck:

ICARUS by Archangel

A Thriller|Mystery|Sci-Fi - story

Story description
A cunning detective and an evasive criminal cross paths and together they realize that flying too close to the sun might be their greatest downfall.

What is the general plot of ICARUS?

ICARUS CONTAINS:

• Two MC:s
  • Mature themes
  • Impactful and meaningful choices
  • Multiple endings
  • Important side-characters

LINK TO READ ICARUS

1 Like

PM will be easier :smiley::heart:

Name of episode: Identical Souls
Author’s name: Tumbi
Description: Headstrong twins enter a cruel, unjust world where their lives are constantly at risk because of their identity. Within this lies a twisted web of dishonesty, secrets and betrayal.
Extra info: please only read the first episode as I haven’t finished the second or third and when you read it, I know is offers different genders for both MC and LI but I haven’t finished creating the other pathways so you will only get to read the female MC and male LI. If this is too confusing I don’t mind if you don’t want to read this episode but thank you if you do.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5238708805238784

I’ll start reviewing :slight_smile: How would you like to receive your review? Remember to follow my instagram :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the post, here’s my story!

Title : Mafia’s Obsession
Author : chordwrites
Description : Life’s a mess. There’s no hope for you. Or so you thought. Can a mysterious mafia boss change everything you ever thought possible? What happens when love turns into obsession? ━CC
Episodes 7
Style LL
Genre : Thriller
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6251040479838208
I followed you on insta!

Dang I saved this in the morning because I wanted to request, I can see I am not the only one. :sweat_smile:

You a bit of a list to get through, but I be happy if I can come it to with my unrelease story

1 Like

Haha yes, if you request a review in a few days or so, I should be able to do it by then :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look, mate, I honest to god can’t find anything to critique. Iike the fact you have a male main character. Also think the directing is amazing, you have clearly put a lot of work into perfecting it so that everything is smooth and clean. Also love the whole idea of not warning people about choices because it represents real life and it’s something I’ve been doing whilst writing my story. Your idea is so original and makes sense.
Hope you get all the recognition you deserve :slight_smile: writers should aspire to write like you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words! I’ve been working on it for over a year, so it makes me really happy to hear that you liked it! I’ve been very hesitant to release it (because I’m a perfectionist and wanted to finish 2/3 of it before releasing), so it makes me truly happy that someone likes it! Thank you yet again! :heart: